Which Uni's accept Access courses for GEM

Watch this thread
nadman
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Am thinking to apply to GEM for 2019 entry and I may do an access course prior to this hoping that the access lasts a year?

Which Uni's accept Access courses?

Is it advisable to do one as I have graduated in Environmental Health and done some Public Health communicable diseases etc in that?

I know Access is Level 3 (A Level equivalent) whereas the degree is Level 4.

Cheers in advance
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Graduate entry medicine is for degree graduates. As you've correctly pointed out, an Access course is equivalent to A levels, not an honours degree.

If you have a degree you should apply to GEM with that:

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dicine-a-guide
nadman
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Volibear)
So do you have a degree? What did you get in it?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
I got 2:2 but i was told it's an ordinary degree and not honours because apparently i messed up one exam which led to me failing that module...

The only reason I asked is because I have seen people on here suggest that if you have a non science degree it might be worthwhile doing A levels in Biology Chemistry which may help in favour of the application
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
32.86%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (32)
45.71%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.43%

Watched Threads