Would having a masters degree allow me to apply for graduate schemes requiring 2:1?

Watch
Nathann97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I was unaware which forum to post this in (sorry), and am also currently studying Management BA.

So after second year I was on track for a 2:1, however struggled with my first two exams in third year. I am yet to get these results back so I do not know my fate yet lol. However my question is, if I were to graduate with a 2:2, and went on to to a masters degree in Management (providing I pass) would this then enable me to apply for grad schemes requiring a 2:1 since I would technically have a degree higher than this?

Thanks for reading
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nathann97)
Hi, I was unaware which forum to post this in (sorry), and am also currently studying Management BA.

So after second year I was on track for a 2:1, however struggled with my first two exams in third year. I am yet to get these results back so I do not know my fate yet lol. However my question is, if I were to graduate with a 2:2, and went on to to a masters degree in Management (providing I pass) would this then enable me to apply for grad schemes requiring a 2:1 since I would technically have a degree higher than this?

Thanks for reading
Imo no.
You can always contact the organisation in advance to see if you can apply, but the fact is its a masters and not a 2:1.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nathann97)

Thanks for reading
Depends on the employer. Some will be willing to overlook the first degree grade whereas others will strict about having obtained the 2:1 regardless of higher qualifications.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are some graduate schemes that will accept a 2:2 or still accept you if have a great application. I would to see first what grade you have - maybe you might get a 2:1! Is the only reason you are considering a Masters is to boost your application for grad schemes?
Nathann97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
There are some graduate schemes that will accept a 2:2 or still accept you if have a great application. I would to see first what grade you have - maybe you might get a 2:1! Is the only reason you are considering a Masters is to boost your application for grad schemes?
Yes, I was concerned that I may miss out on the 2:1, so thought that maybe a masters degree in the same subject would kind of offset that and allow me to apply for grad schemes requiring 2:1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.45%
I'm not sure (32)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.31%
I'm not a current university student (358)
48.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed