Turn on thread page Beta

Ask a Palestinian Anything (3)- AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    Your were originally a christian convert right or am I confusing you with someone else?

Anyways never mind, how do you like it in England-hows school and social life? Do people respond negatively or positively to your ethnicity, or rather do you witness any discrimination AT ALL in the diverse streets of London?

ReputationRep:
    I used to live in Sheikh Khalifah City.It is in the south west of the Gaza Strip.
    (Original post by AlbabA)
    Of course, where did you live in Palestine?

ReputationRep:
    Yep thats me.
    England is nice but way different to back home (of course it is)what am i on about
    People usually ask me loads of questions about being Palestinian, so i would say positive even though ive had negative ones.
    ive only been discriminated once in London but its better than everyday by the Israelis back home.

(Original post by mc_miah)
    Your were originally a christian convert right or am I confusing you with someone else?

Anyways never mind, how do you like it in England-hows school and social life? Do people respond negatively or positively to your ethnicity, or rather do you witness any discrimination AT ALL in the diverse streets of London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    I used to live in Sheikh Khalifah City.It is in the south west of the Gaza Strip.
    Oh wow, right in the middle of it all. How did you manage to leave? Isn't the whole city under occupation? I'm sorry for my ignorance if I'm mistaken aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Are the haters really going to hate?:holmes:
    Lived in Palestine till i was 11.
    Hate Israel. The Soldiers especially.
    Question answered.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Question answered.
    Error #607: You are not the OP.:hand:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, right in the middle of it all. How did you manage to leave? Isn't the whole city under occupation? I'm sorry for my ignorance if I'm mistaken aha.
    Yes your correct about occupation. after my dad died, my dad friend took me in and after living in the streets in Jerusalem (the most peaceful place on earth) for around a month, he took me to Rafah and got me over to Egypt and around a month later, i appealed for asylum in England and got accepted.

(My dad was very popular so he had many contacts and had this plan for me to escape for ages. god bless him)

ReputationRep:
    Yes your correct about occupation. after my dad died, my dad friend took me in and after living in the streets in Jerusalem (the most peaceful place on earth) for around a month, he took me to Rafah and got me over to Egypt and around a month later, i appealed for asylum in England and got accepted.

(My dad was very popular so he had many contacts and had this plan for me to escape for ages. god bless him)
    I'm so sorry you had to go through so much at such a young age. Your father (God rest his soul <3) and his friend sound like incredible men, glad you got here safely

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry you had to go through so much at such a young age. Your father (God rest his soul <3) and his friend sound like incredible men, glad you got here safely
    its fine but i miss it all. the thrill of everything when things werent so bad

ReputationRep:
    its fine but i miss it all. the thrill of everything when things werent so bad
    That's interesting. Care to give an example?

ReputationRep:
    That's interesting. Care to give an example?
    when i was young, me and friends used to play soccer (or football over here) all day. when i got older, we played hide and seek and we could go on the roofs and it was just the thrill of freedom, just the atmosphere, just everything was amazing. its something that would any kid speechless

ReputationRep:
    when i was young, me and friends used to play soccer (or football over here) all day. when i got older, we played hide and seek and we could go on the roofs and it was just the thrill of freedom, just the atmosphere, just everything was amazing. its something that would any kid speechless
    Awh that sounds like a lot of fun. Guess you'll have to make new memories here

ReputationRep:
    Awh that sounds like a lot of fun. Guess you'll have to make new memories here
    England is nothing like Palestine. People are only on their phones and not lively. maybe, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    England is nothing like Palestine. People are only on their phones and not lively. maybe, maybe.
    Yeah that's very true. Although there are bound to be kids like you, who are a lot more lively. Just got to look harder :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's very true. Although there are bound to be kids like you, who are a lot more lively. Just got to look harder :P
    i will. make memories here till 18 then go back to all the good memories

ReputationRep:
    do they have pancake day in the Holy Land ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    do they have pancake day in the Holy Land ?
    I know we used to when were younger (5 years old) but from there, now not really.

ReputationRep:
    i will. make memories here till 18 then go back to all the good memories
    You want to go back when you're 18?

ReputationRep:
    You want to go back when you're 18?
    i am, im going to free my country

ReputationRep:
    i am, im going to free my country
    Oh. And how do you plan to do that?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.