Turn on thread page Beta

For IB is there honestly a difference? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I was rejected from Cambridge to read economics, but I'm hoping to get an offer from LSE for economics. In terms of IB targeting, is it honestly worth reapplying to Cambridge? Also, is there any difference between UCL and LSE in terms of front office recruitment? I've scoured the forums, but I'm looking for a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CIEBioloysifh)
    So I was rejected from Cambridge to read economics, but I'm hoping to get an offer from LSE for economics. In terms of IB targeting, is it honestly worth reapplying to Cambridge? Also, is there any difference between UCL and LSE in terms of front office recruitment? I've scoured the forums, but I'm looking for a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.
    LSE > UCL just but not much in it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Thanks in advance.
    In terms of IB targeting, is it honestly worth reapplying to Cambridge?

No

Is there any difference between UCL and LSE in terms of front office recruitment?

No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance.
    No point - literally no difference. I also think that there is no/hardly any difference between LSE and UCL. All these unis are good enough to break in..now just boost your applications by attending some insight days and acquiring experience (not restricted to finance) which gives you any sort of skills that I-Banks look for e.g. relationship building/teamwork/leadership/quantitative ability/entrepreneurial spirit/strong communication. Try to quantify any achievements you have on a CV and do not copy and paste cover letters - make them as tailored as possible.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    Short answer: LSE/UCL do not make a difference in the eyes of most employers.

ReputationRep:
    only difference is the name of uni you wrote down on application

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.