The Student Room Group

Hard lump behind ear after piercing?!

Had the same problem before and had to take out piercing, it was pus and gross. It’s about 4 weeks since i got my ears pierced and a lump/little mound behind my ear next to back of the ear piercing, it’s not painful but the ear is and it’s not crusty only skin coloured so it’s not red or anything, it was soft before but it’s hardened, i really don’t wanna take out the piercing. What should i do?
Original post by spicybathh
Had the same problem before and had to take out piercing, it was pus and gross. It’s about 4 weeks since i got my ears pierced and a lump/little mound behind my ear next to back of the ear piercing, it’s not painful but the ear is and it’s not crusty only skin coloured so it’s not red or anything, it was soft before but it’s hardened, i really don’t wanna take out the piercing. What should i do?

It could be scarring. See your piercer and they can take a look and advise
Probably a keloid. I had one too. Soak cotton wool in VERY salty hot (as hot as you can bear) water, that will make sure it's not an infection and will help fluid to drain. Mine took two years to go, sometimes they're permanent though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest