Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    >
    Is that why they say they won't do class lists, though?

I imagine it would actually be helpful to a great many of middling students who spaz out thinking they're crap (as the people they hear talk about grades are those boys who got them firsts). They might think everyone must therefore be beating a 64% but the full picture will settle them nerves. For the 48%s, well, not gonna be awfully helpful -- maybe tells them they're bombing it but they're not alone?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Are they hounded, or are the engineering lads too meek and dweeby to claim the prize?
    Latter sounds about right for a lot of the guys in my course. So nah the girls are free of harassment. & There’s only one girl that’s actually good looking. So even if things were different, doubt the girls would be hounded

ReputationRep:
    Is that why they say they won't do class lists, though?

I imagine it would actually be helpful to a great many of middling students who spaz out thinking they're crap (as the people they hear talk about grades are those boys who got them firsts). They might think everyone must therefore be beating a 64% but the full picture will settle them nerves. For the 48%s, well, not gonna be awfully helpful -- maybe tells them they're bombing it but they're not alone?
    Unfortunately, that's what the admin team told me... they don't want weaker students to be able to compare themselves against their friends, or better students gloating

I told them that they should create an anonymised list of results the way UCL does it and send them to the pupils that request it, but they argued that it would be circulated eventually

... and... one week later.. they succumb to the pressure of m̶y̶our FOI requests and publish incredibly detailed stats relating to grade distributions and quartiles

#consistency

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, that's what the admin team told me... they don't want weaker students to be able to compare themselves against their friends, or better students gloating

I told them that they should create an anonymised list of results the way UCL does it and send them to the pupils that request it, but they argued that it would be circulated eventually

... and... one week later.. they succumb to the pressure of m̶y̶our FOI requests and publish incredibly detailed stats relating to grade distributions and quartiles

#consistency
    You will be able to request overall degree classification stats in the same vein as your module-specific request, won't you?

My postgrad does the class list, with our anonymised unique assessment numbers attached. Last year's was just sent to all LLMs past and present and only about 6 out of 110 got 70%+ -- so this is gonna be good. But a great grouping of mediocrity at around 55%. I can only imagine it is useful for them to know they did actually quite average, although you'd at first glance suspect they'd be bottom 1 or 2, and that getting a high grade is incredibly difficult on our course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    London Met. Best uni in the UK tbh... Quite possibly best worlwide too. We just recently left the Russell Group because honestly the other unis in it are pretty lame.
    Not hating, but this sarcasm screams "I go to bad uni, but not as bad as london met"
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tylerthegoat)
    Not hating, but this sarcasm screams "I go to bad uni, but not as bad as london met"
    And your pseudo-philosophy screams you’re just talking out your arse:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    You will be able to request overall degree classification stats in the same vein as your module-specific request, won't you?

My postgrad does the class list, with our anonymised unique assessment numbers attached. Last year's was just sent to all LLMs past and present and only about 6 out of 110 got 70%+ -- so this is gonna be good. But a great grouping of mediocrity at around 55%. I can only imagine it is useful for them to know they did actually quite average, although you'd at first glance suspect they'd be bottom 1 or 2, and that getting a high grade is incredibly difficult on our course.
    You can, but unistats has the breakdowns already! 17% Firsts, 5% 2:2, and everyone else got that thing in the middle. Most people are gossipy little c*nts who want to see what their friends and classmates got. They're aware of the fact that even the low-2:2 people (those who remembered to start studying 2 weeks before exams) will probably end up with a 2:1.

Grade distributions definitely help, which is why I'm grateful for that document that breaks everything down. It's just a shame that they don't permit for a higher resolution of analysis (e.g. If I get a 65, and my friend gets a 67, how many people separate us? etc).

ReputationRep:
    Or OP is just using the standard TSR joke and psychoanalysis, especially done by a sixth form student, is not prone to accurate results?

Good try, though, buddie.

ReputationRep:
    And your pseudo-philosophy screams you’re just talking out your arse:laugh:
    Not here for hate lol

ReputationRep:
    Or OP is just using the standard TSR joke and psychoanalysis, especially done by a sixth form student, is not prone to accurate results?

Good try, though, buddie.
    I can tell you're still holding a grudge from that other thread

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the 70th percentile unfortunately, but it was due to some STDs that I got during freshers that prevented me from achieving my full potential. It was hard to focus during exams (((

-Sid
    Student at the University of Central Lancashire
    Achieving a 3 year degree in Sexual Health Studies
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not here for hate lol
    No ones hating, we’re both stating our opinions. I still stand by mine. London Met is superior to the Russell Group

ReputationRep:
    I can tell you're still holding a grudge from that other thread
    Hand on heart, I actually don't know who you are. Maybe my subconscious has a vendetta?

You can, but unistats has the breakdowns already! 17% Firsts, 5% 2:2, and everyone else got that thing in the middle. Most people are gossipy little c*nts who want to see what their friends and classmates got. They're aware of the fact that even the low-2:2 people (those who remembered to start studying 2 weeks before exams) will probably end up with a 2:1.

Grade distributions definitely help, which is why I'm grateful for that document that breaks everything down. It's just a shame that they don't permit for a higher resolution of analysis (e.g. If I get a 65, and my friend gets a 67, how many people separate us? etc).
    Well, yeah, that's what I meant. The actual percentages are incredibly insightful.

Does Unistats do the whole year group? And yeah, my pal was the same; used to lie to people about getting a shite grade just so others would feel safe and tell him what they got. Asians, man; animals.

ReputationRep:
    No ones hating, we’re both stating our opinions. I still stand by mine. London Met is superior to the Russell Group
    In some aspects you're right, it's more accessible and vocational and frankly we need more vocational skills

ReputationRep:
    Hand on heart, I actually don't know who you are. Maybe my subconscious has a vendetta?

Yep, that must be it. It explains why you're always so obnoxious and condescending all the time, in fact thats exactly how I recognised you.

ReputationRep:
    All the better for me then. Might switch courses soon to women’s studies though. Man’s gonna get more poon
    Womens studies... good luck with the rape charges after you decide to call any of that 'poon' off after hitting it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that must be it. It explains why you're always so obnoxious and condescending all the time, in fact thats exactly how I recognised you.
    I am like that with everyone.

And it was you trying to roast OP for using the London Met meme. Undue cockiness for such a little lad.

ReputationRep:
    I am like that with everyone.

And it was you trying to roast OP for using the London Met meme. Undue cockiness for such a little lad.
    You're so weird

ReputationRep:
    Does Unistats do the whole year group? And yeah, my pal was the same; used to lie to people about getting a shite grade just so others would feel safe and tell him what they got. Asians, man; animals.
    I imagine so... they don't have their sources anywhere, so you gotta trust them either way.

I don't talk to our Asians.

ReputationRep:
    You're so weird
    Hahahahahah, dunno why that made me laugh so much.

Sticks and stones, mate.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.