Turn on thread page Beta

How good are you at your uni course? watch

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tylerthegoat)
    Yep, that must be it. It explains why you're always so obnoxious and condescending all the time, in fact thats exactly how I recognised you.
    Glad you see it. My idol Jeremy Corbyn went to London Met. He’s doing pretty well I must say. Soon we will turn the UK to communism and it will be wonderful, all thanks to Mr. Corbyn. He’s the hero the UK deserves but not the one it needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Glad you see it. My idol Jeremy Corbyn went to London Met. He’s doing pretty well I must say. Soon we will turn the UK to communism and it will be wonderful, all thanks to Mr. Corbyn. He’s the hero the UK deserves but not the one it needs.
    Exactly. A true leftist, stuck to the roots of labour and has mesmerised our nation and why is that? His education at london met, of course.

Let's see if one hater can name a uni with more TFL tube adverts than london met.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    I imagine so... they don't have their sources anywhere, so you gotta trust them either way.

I don't talk to our Asians.
    Well, if you look at LSE's LLB. 98% continuation rate with a 185 sample. Class of degree sample is only 155. Other LLBs have a greater disparity between the two stats -- but maybe 30 people did leave the LSE course? I would say maybe year abroad or something, but then the previous year's year abroads would bolster the current year's numbers with their return.

Racist.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Exactly. A true leftist, stuck to the roots of labour and has mesmerised our nation and why is that? His education at london met, of course.

Let's see if one hater can name a uni with more TFL tube adverts than london met.
    Oh no, it’s all in the beard man. I would strap myself to a table and let Marius Pudianowski reign down his heaviest blows upon my crotch for 30 seconds straight while listening to Rick Astley's "never gonna give you up" just to shave my pubes with Mr. Corbyn’s beard shaving razor

No homo...Maybe a little for Big J though😍

ReputationRep:

Lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    In my course I’m in the 95th percentile. Can count the people I deem as bright students on my fingers. How about you? Are you one of the best in your course, one of the worst or somewhere in the middle?
    Trying to not hurt anybodys ego here is almost impossible
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Well, if you look at LSE's LLB. 98% continuation rate with a 185 sample. Class of degree sample is only 155. Other LLBs have a greater disparity between the two stats -- but maybe 30 people did leave the LSE course? I would say maybe year abroad or something, but then the previous year's year abroads would bolster the current year's numbers with their return.

Racist.
    If it helps, the Asians don't talk to us either. The racisms cancel themselves out.

I get your point, and the 30-person gap seems to be odd. Why on earth are 30 people dropping out from second to third year, or choosing not to sit their third year exams? We're not exactly talking about Oxford Finals stress levels here. I think it's FOI time.

ReputationRep:
    Canterbury Christ Church has that blond girl posing with a vivid red background. I've seen it in all the stations I've passed through recently - usually on the escalators.

ReputationRep:
    Canterbury Christ Church has that blond girl posing with a vivid red background. I've seen it in all the stations I've passed through recently - usually on the escalators.
    Really? Tbf I havent gone into central london for a while, only zone 4 but ive always been inundated with ads for london met lol

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, the Asians don't talk to us either. The racisms cancel themselves out.

I get your point, and the 30-person gap seems to be odd. Why on earth are 30 people dropping out from second to third year, or choosing not to sit their third year exams? We're not exactly talking about Oxford Finals stress levels here. I think it's FOI time.
    When you say asians, do you mean the international kids?

ReputationRep:
    Usually it is international (though you get some British-Asian cliques, too). Typically the ones who don't mix are from Singapore/HK, maybe Shanghai. If it's Mainland Chinese, they won't even mix with the Singy/HK lot never mind Brits/Europeans.

ReputationRep:
    Usually it is international (though you get some British-Asian cliques, too). Typically the ones who don't mix are from Singapore/HK, maybe Shanghai. If it's Mainland Chinese, they won't even mix with the Singy/HK lot never mind Brits/Europeans.
    oh **** ok why do they have to come here and ruin it they can **** off and get a job from their rich dads smh (not being racist)

ReputationRep:
    oh **** ok why do they have to come here and ruin it they can **** off and get a job from their rich dads smh (not being racist)
    I like them. We get good Oriental restaurants on campus because of them; makes a huge difference from the near-ubiquitous eggs Benedict/fry-up/burger and fries ********. And they make me feel extra tall; like walking around Wonka's factory.

ReputationRep:
    ye

I'm not the sort of person who calls e.g. British Pakistanis Asian. They're British Pakistanis or whatever

Edit: What Notorious said. Mainland Chinese are the worst.

ReputationRep:
    I like them. We get good Oriental restaurants on campus because of them; makes a huge difference from the near-ubiquitous eggs Benedict/fry-up/burger and fries ********. And they make me feel extra tall; like walking around Wonka's factory.
    LOOL how is this even a reason to like them ffssssss

ReputationRep:
    JohanGRK Notorious_B.I.G. do you guys think LSE is classist? Like, really snobby or disparaging towards people of working class backgrounds? Heard its filled to the brim with rich kids, even from the UK

ReputationRep:
    JohanGRK Notorious_B.I.G. do you guys think LSE is classist? Like, really snobby or disparaging towards people of working class backgrounds? Heard its filled to the brim with rich kids, even from the UK
    The usual warnings about this being my own experience etc apply

Not really, even though it is very unequal in terms of the student backgrounds. You have people from council houses sitting in the same lecture as rich people from Dubai whose parents earn enough to pay for their tuition up front. But I don't think that this results in any classism. Most friendship groups align with whether you're UK/EU or international, and, within those groups, people are more... economically homogeneous. The German and Dutch people I know well are similar, financially speaking, to the Home Counties people I've met. I should probably also note that lots of internationals hang out with EU/UK and vice versa, but those internationals are from the former colonies and they're alright. Aussies in particular are a laugh.

About a third of UK students are privately schooled, even though that figure is deceptive - there are lots of grammar school kids at places like LSE who slip under the monitoring radar. So the 'poshness' ratio may be higher than expected.

Ohh right.

Are there lots of pakis there? Ngl cant stand the moderate types either
    Lots of British Indians and Pakistanis. This may sound weird, but I prefer native Pakistanis to British Pakistanis. The latter tend to be grammar-schooled London kids from Zone 5 with dads who work in the City. They study junk subjects and are your typical arrogant IB types. The former, from my experience, come from more typical middle class families (and are only at LSE because of their scholarships), are extremely polite and courteous, and tend to be more serious and less prone to f*ing around and pissing everyone off. They're also a lot more ambitious, but in the modest sense - they may want to become academics or politicians back home, as opposed to M&A analyst ****boys

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how I measured up overall, but I won a few prizes and had the highest dissertation scores in the cohort for my BA and MA. It's nice in a sense but I never found it that important, I jsut like to do what I do and be ok at it, yknow.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If I tried more I could be quite high.

(great thread by the way)
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    upper quartile I think, not top 5 but have been on a few of the practicals, I think it's what I am best at to be honest
    I am not expecting amazing exam results so there's that
    however with lab reports and stuff my average for the first semester is around 81% which I am happy with

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.