Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm currently writing my head girl application and have made a few bullet points (listed below) but if anyone could let me know what they think I'd really appreciate it!

What I have done for the school:
    Organised Christmas service (I go to a Catholic school so being involved in masses/services is a big one)
    Involved in preparing and presenting an assembly

Why I want to be head girl:
    Give back to community who has encouraged me over the past 5 years
    Be able to represent the school as I am proud and privileged to be a member
    Act as role model to younger years – inspire younger people to take advantage of each opportunity they are been given
    Ensure that each pupil is given a voice
    Provide assistance to pupils when they need it – friendly voice when settling into year 7 or giving advice to year 8/9s when they have to choose options
    Give me an opportunity to thrive in a position of responsibility
    Be able to make an impact on the school and its pupils
    I want to be able to represent the school

Why I would make a good head girl:
    Reliable
    Good time management – am able to meet deadlines and balance work and other projects
    Organised
    Enjoys organising events
    Good communication skills
    Over the years *my school* has helped me to grow in confidence, become more resilient and determined
    I enjoy challenges – I am fully aware of how demanding the role is and am prepared to face any challenge I am given and achieve a successful outcome
    Approachable
    Works well in teams and is able to take charge and make important decisions when necessary

Obviously I know I need to develop these points and have examples of where I've done most of these things, mainly in school but also outside of school. Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer their advice!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.