Turn on thread page Beta

On the road to 9s and A*A* Maths/FM watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Black Water)
    Oh my God I feel so sorry for you. May God bless your soul. I go to sleep at like 11pm and can barely wake up at 6:30am for school.

I will do. The one that I bought came with FIFA 18 but I also bought Black Ops 3 and 4 Modern Warefare Remastered. Also, do you mind me asking if you’re a Muslim?
    Ah lucky you get a lot of sleep!

Oh those are good games - I used to love COD and FIFA few years back. Yeah I don't mind - I'm Muslim but I'm not that religious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekidwhogames)
    Practice, practice, practice.

To get a 9:
    - learn all the content and complete mathswatch interactive questions
    - complete CGP workbook + CGP grade 9 targeted workbook
    - complete mathsgenie worksheets
    - complete mathsmadeeasy worksheets (for extra practice)
    - complete justmaths worksheets
    - complete past papers (from both AQA/Edexcel)
    - complete specimen/mock/practice papers (from both AQA/Edexcel)
    - complete CrashMaths/Churchill/Grade 9 paper

That's overkill but good to ensure maximum grade! And thanks - good luck with that 9, I'm sure you'll get it!
    I realise this is your thread, but... "that's overkill" is a huge understatement.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by J843126028)
    I realise this is your thread, but... "that's overkill" is a huge understatement.
    Yeah it is pretty much destruction but for some, exam practice is important to getting high 220s+ (if they don't like Maths) so I gave every resource I knew xD

ReputationRep:
    Update:
    - I think I will change my modules for FM. I've done the mechanics but I think I'll change it to FP1-FP3, S2-S3-D1. I'll either take FP1-FP3, S2-S3-D1 or FP1-FP3, S2-M2-M3 but my statistics is far better than my physics and D1 is quite simple so I may do that (to ensure high UMS for Oxbridge later on) and focus on other stuff like STEP
    - Next week, got Physics GCSE Olympiad and then IMOK week after
    - Got some tests next week (Comp, Eng, Psychology and a big science mock soon)
    I'm not sure, but I think Cambridge would prefer, say, 80% in Mechanics to 100% in Decision; they advise you to focus on as much pure/mechanics as possible.

Take this with a pinch of salt; you know more than me about this.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is pretty much destruction but for some, exam practice is important to getting high 220s+ (if they don't like Maths) so I gave every resource I knew xD
    Is it what you did? If so, you must have been bored stiff!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm not sure, but I think Cambridge would prefer, say, 80% in Mechanics to 100% in Decision; they advise you to focus on as much pure/mechanics as possible.

Take this with a pinch of salt; you know more than me about this.
    Yeah I suppose they do which is why I'm trying to take as much pure as I can (I have to do applied in old spec :/ ) so I'm taking FP3 but my mechanics isn't as good as my stats so I may go there but you're right I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Ah lucky you get a lot of sleep!

Oh those are good games - I used to love COD and FIFA few years back. Yeah I don't mind - I'm Muslim but I'm not that religious.
    Yeah but that sleep never seems to be enough for some reason.

Yeah. I also used to play COD a lot when I was younger. I was quite good at it, but then I just stopped for some reason. I’m currently watching The Punisher, have you seen it? Same here, but I should be more religious in all fairness.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is it what you did? If so, you must have been bored stiff!
    When I did my GCSE, I didn't even know about the existence of problem-solving or competition Maths xD I did most of the stuff there (but not the worksheets as they're repetitive) which helped me to get a particularly high score in my December mocks in Maths but now I realised Olympiad Maths training all year around (for IMOK and solving BMO1-BMO2 problems) is way better!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah but that sleep never seems to be enough for some reason.

Yeah. I also used to play COD a lot when I was younger. I was quite good at it, but then I just stopped for some reason. I’m currently watching The Punisher, have you seen it? Same here, but I should be more religious in all fairness.
    Yeah, I binged the Punisher - amazing watch!! COD was amazing back in the day. Same but i don't know sometimes I think we as humans lack enough knowledge to acknowledge or dismiss religion so it's rational to not be too active in either direction of the argument.

ReputationRep:
    Your grades are so good and well done for working so hard for them. How do you do so well in English? I think its toughest subject and i only manage to get a grade 5/6

ReputationRep:
    When I did my GCSE, I didn't even know about the existence of problem-solving or competition Maths xD I did most of the stuff there (but not the worksheets as they're repetitive) which helped me to get a particularly high score in my December mocks in Maths but now I realised Olympiad Maths training all year around (for IMOK and solving BMO1-BMO2 problems) is way better!!
    If you run out of problems but you don't want to move up to a different 'level', I found this: http://ebook.sman1-slo.sch.id/Matema...m%20primer.pdf -- A02 posted it in a different thread nearly two years ago. I'd say they're around BMO1 level (though I've only actually looked at a few).

ReputationRep:
    yea lol i grinded pure maths last year and you did for the past few years. We just didn't really value UKMT challenges. I wish we were introduced it early in year 7. We literally started proper problem solving 9 months ago.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I binged the Punisher - amazing watch!! COD was amazing back in the day. Same but i don't know sometimes I think we as humans lack enough knowledge to acknowledge or dismiss religion so it's rational to not be too active in either direction of the argument.
    I’m currently watching episode 4 and so far it’s really good. Back in the day when you had a problem with someone it would be solved with a 1v1 on Rust lol. Yeah I get what you mean, but ah the end of the day we’ll be asked how much we’ve remembered God.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you run out of problems but you don't want to move up to a different 'level', I found this: http://ebook.sman1-slo.sch.id/Matema...m%20primer.pdf -- A02 posted it in a different thread nearly two years ago. I'd say they're around BMO1 level (though I've only actually looked at a few).
    Thanks for that link! I saw it a few weeks ago and I was solving some problems from there but lost the link! I'll use it for some extra practice after GCSEs for next year's BMO season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by skits267)
    Your grades are so good and well done for working so hard for them. How do you do so well in English? I think its toughest subject and i only manage to get a grade 5/6
    I think Language is a lot easier. I watch mr bruff and try to analyse word classes and verbs and effect, etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by THEGAMECRUSHER)
    yea lol i grinded pure maths last year and you did for the past few years. We just didn't really value UKMT challenges. I wish we were introduced it early in year 7. We literally started proper problem solving 9 months ago.
    Yeah we just focused on pure Maths and school Maths when we should've been doing Olympiad Maths since year 7. We started it in year 10
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I’m currently watching episode 4 and so far it’s really good. Back in the day when you had a problem with someone it would be solved with a 1v1 on Rust lol. Yeah I get what you mean, but ah the end of the day we’ll be asked how much we’ve remembered God.
    Yeah it's amazing! Would love for season 1 to drop! Rust uno xD Yeah but I think a good person can go heaven regardless if you get what I mean

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's amazing! Would love for season 1 to drop! Rust uno xD Yeah but I think a good person can go heaven regardless if you get what I mean
    Season 1? Does The Punisher only have one season? Yeah that’s true, eventually everyone will get the chance but it’s a matter of how quick.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Season 1? Does The Punisher only have one season? Yeah that’s true, eventually everyone will get the chance but it’s a matter of how quick.
    I think a second is confirmed but I don't know when it's dropping - this year? Yeah that's true.

ReputationRep:
    I think a second is confirmed but I don't know when it's dropping - this year? Yeah that's true.
    Ohh right. I thought it would have been longer, but I guess it’s one of those Netflix Originals where it’s a short one. It’s really good though, it deserves to go on longer.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.