Turn on thread page Beta

On the road to 9s and A*A* Maths/FM watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Black Water)
    Oh my God I feel so sorry for you. May God bless your soul. I go to sleep at like 11pm and can barely wake up at 6:30am for school.

I will do. The one that I bought came with FIFA 18 but I also bought Black Ops 3 and 4 Modern Warefare Remastered. Also, do you mind me asking if you’re a Muslim?
    Ah lucky you get a lot of sleep!

Oh those are good games - I used to love COD and FIFA few years back. Yeah I don't mind - I'm Muslim but I'm not that religious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekidwhogames)
    Practice, practice, practice.

To get a 9:
    - learn all the content and complete mathswatch interactive questions
    - complete CGP workbook + CGP grade 9 targeted workbook
    - complete mathsgenie worksheets
    - complete mathsmadeeasy worksheets (for extra practice)
    - complete justmaths worksheets
    - complete past papers (from both AQA/Edexcel)
    - complete specimen/mock/practice papers (from both AQA/Edexcel)
    - complete CrashMaths/Churchill/Grade 9 paper

That's overkill but good to ensure maximum grade! And thanks - good luck with that 9, I'm sure you'll get it!
    I realise this is your thread, but... "that's overkill" is a huge understatement.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by J843126028)
    I realise this is your thread, but... "that's overkill" is a huge understatement.
    Yeah it is pretty much destruction but for some, exam practice is important to getting high 220s+ (if they don't like Maths) so I gave every resource I knew xD

ReputationRep:
    Update:
    - I think I will change my modules for FM. I've done the mechanics but I think I'll change it to FP1-FP3, S2-S3-D1. I'll either take FP1-FP3, S2-S3-D1 or FP1-FP3, S2-M2-M3 but my statistics is far better than my physics and D1 is quite simple so I may do that (to ensure high UMS for Oxbridge later on) and focus on other stuff like STEP
    - Next week, got Physics GCSE Olympiad and then IMOK week after
    - Got some tests next week (Comp, Eng, Psychology and a big science mock soon)
    I'm not sure, but I think Cambridge would prefer, say, 80% in Mechanics to 100% in Decision; they advise you to focus on as much pure/mechanics as possible.

Take this with a pinch of salt; you know more than me about this.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is pretty much destruction but for some, exam practice is important to getting high 220s+ (if they don't like Maths) so I gave every resource I knew xD
    Is it what you did? If so, you must have been bored stiff!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm not sure, but I think Cambridge would prefer, say, 80% in Mechanics to 100% in Decision; they advise you to focus on as much pure/mechanics as possible.

Take this with a pinch of salt; you know more than me about this.
    Yeah I suppose they do which is why I'm trying to take as much pure as I can (I have to do applied in old spec :/ ) so I'm taking FP3 but my mechanics isn't as good as my stats so I may go there but you're right I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Ah lucky you get a lot of sleep!

Oh those are good games - I used to love COD and FIFA few years back. Yeah I don't mind - I'm Muslim but I'm not that religious.
    Yeah but that sleep never seems to be enough for some reason.

Yeah. I also used to play COD a lot when I was younger. I was quite good at it, but then I just stopped for some reason. I’m currently watching The Punisher, have you seen it? Same here, but I should be more religious in all fairness.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is it what you did? If so, you must have been bored stiff!
    When I did my GCSE, I didn't even know about the existence of problem-solving or competition Maths xD I did most of the stuff there (but not the worksheets as they're repetitive) which helped me to get a particularly high score in my December mocks in Maths but now I realised Olympiad Maths training all year around (for IMOK and solving BMO1-BMO2 problems) is way better!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah but that sleep never seems to be enough for some reason.

Yeah. I also used to play COD a lot when I was younger. I was quite good at it, but then I just stopped for some reason. I’m currently watching The Punisher, have you seen it? Same here, but I should be more religious in all fairness.
    Yeah, I binged the Punisher - amazing watch!! COD was amazing back in the day. Same but i don't know sometimes I think we as humans lack enough knowledge to acknowledge or dismiss religion so it's rational to not be too active in either direction of the argument.

ReputationRep:
    Your grades are so good and well done for working so hard for them. How do you do so well in English? I think its toughest subject and i only manage to get a grade 5/6

ReputationRep:
    When I did my GCSE, I didn't even know about the existence of problem-solving or competition Maths xD I did most of the stuff there (but not the worksheets as they're repetitive) which helped me to get a particularly high score in my December mocks in Maths but now I realised Olympiad Maths training all year around (for IMOK and solving BMO1-BMO2 problems) is way better!!
    If you run out of problems but you don't want to move up to a different 'level', I found this: http://ebook.sman1-slo.sch.id/Matema...m%20primer.pdf -- A02 posted it in a different thread nearly two years ago. I'd say they're around BMO1 level (though I've only actually looked at a few).

ReputationRep:
    yea lol i grinded pure maths last year and you did for the past few years. We just didn't really value UKMT challenges. I wish we were introduced it early in year 7. We literally started proper problem solving 9 months ago.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I binged the Punisher - amazing watch!! COD was amazing back in the day. Same but i don't know sometimes I think we as humans lack enough knowledge to acknowledge or dismiss religion so it's rational to not be too active in either direction of the argument.
    I’m currently watching episode 4 and so far it’s really good. Back in the day when you had a problem with someone it would be solved with a 1v1 on Rust lol. Yeah I get what you mean, but ah the end of the day we’ll be asked how much we’ve remembered God.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you run out of problems but you don't want to move up to a different 'level', I found this: http://ebook.sman1-slo.sch.id/Matema...m%20primer.pdf -- A02 posted it in a different thread nearly two years ago. I'd say they're around BMO1 level (though I've only actually looked at a few).
    Thanks for that link! I saw it a few weeks ago and I was solving some problems from there but lost the link! I'll use it for some extra practice after GCSEs for next year's BMO season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by skits267)
    Your grades are so good and well done for working so hard for them. How do you do so well in English? I think its toughest subject and i only manage to get a grade 5/6
    I think Language is a lot easier. I watch mr bruff and try to analyse word classes and verbs and effect, etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by THEGAMECRUSHER)
    yea lol i grinded pure maths last year and you did for the past few years. We just didn't really value UKMT challenges. I wish we were introduced it early in year 7. We literally started proper problem solving 9 months ago.
    Yeah we just focused on pure Maths and school Maths when we should've been doing Olympiad Maths since year 7. We started it in year 10
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I’m currently watching episode 4 and so far it’s really good. Back in the day when you had a problem with someone it would be solved with a 1v1 on Rust lol. Yeah I get what you mean, but ah the end of the day we’ll be asked how much we’ve remembered God.
    Yeah it's amazing! Would love for season 1 to drop! Rust uno xD Yeah but I think a good person can go heaven regardless if you get what I mean

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's amazing! Would love for season 1 to drop! Rust uno xD Yeah but I think a good person can go heaven regardless if you get what I mean
    Season 1? Does The Punisher only have one season? Yeah that’s true, eventually everyone will get the chance but it’s a matter of how quick.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Season 1? Does The Punisher only have one season? Yeah that’s true, eventually everyone will get the chance but it’s a matter of how quick.
    I think a second is confirmed but I don't know when it's dropping - this year? Yeah that's true.

ReputationRep:
    I think a second is confirmed but I don't know when it's dropping - this year? Yeah that's true.
    Ohh right. I thought it would have been longer, but I guess it’s one of those Netflix Originals where it’s a short one. It’s really good though, it deserves to go on longer.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.