Turn on thread page Beta

Trotskyist Thugs attack JRM at university watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)
    Come off it, the far-left would round any dissenters up and gulag them if only they could. The campaign to ban the Mail from places and the harassing of people advertising on it, the smothering of any different ideas with the blanket of emotionally charged -isms (question the model of the NHS and all you want is for everyone to die, question immigration levels and you're nothing but a racist), the far-left are fascists and intolerant little Hitlers like nobody else. The only democracy they can live with is one that puts them in power, otherwise everything is game. Electoral fraud is there to resort to when 'the people' make the wrong choices, that's the way their minds work.

We only see lefties protesting against the results of democratic elections, right? Foaming at the mouth, quite often.
    To suggest political extremism exists only on one side is idiotic.

I wonder what kind of sheltered life you must live to miss the growing influence of Neo-Nazism and hate politics across Europe.

After this protest Twitter was awash with Neo-Nazi thugs appearing to be planning on tracking these protestors down to their address and beating them up.

The Cold War is over, the Soviet Union isn't coming back.

I really wonder what you have been reading to give you these thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moosferatu)
    To suggest political extremism exists only on one side is idiotic.

I wonder what kind of sheltered life you must live to miss the growing influence of Neo-Nazism and hate politics across Europe.

After this protest Twitter was awash with Neo-Nazi thugs appearing to be planning on tracking these protestors down to their address and beating them up.

The Cold War is over, the Soviet Union isn't coming back.

I really wonder what you have been reading to give you these thoughts.
    Waffle as much as you like, doesn't change the real world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)
    Waffle as much as you like, doesn't change the real world.
    It's painfully obvious that you know nothing about the real world.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, Universities should be bastions of free-speech. The place where ideas and opinions are tested, dissected, rebuilt, reinforced etc etc dependant on the validity of those ideas.

To mask up and prevent someone from addressing a willing audience at an institution such as this is just typical of the Che-wannabe, Citizen Smith dolts that seem to be swamping the sentient left.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by OldTimer30)
    At the end of the day, Universities should be bastions of free-speech. The place where ideas and opinions are tested, dissected, rebuilt, reinforced etc etc dependant on the validity of those ideas.

To mask up and prevent someone from addressing a willing audience at an institution such as this is just typical of the Che-wannabe, Citizen Smith dolts that seem to be swamping the sentient left.
    Remind me how a couple of people telling this fossil to **** off is 'swamping the sentient left' Last I checked a couple of people does not a tidal wave make.

You do seem to be epitomizing the snow flake right though - this deep offence taken at people who dont agree with your opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Remind me how a couple of people telling this fossil to **** off is 'swamping the sentient left' Last I checked a couple of people does not a tidal wave make.

You do seem to be epitomizing the snow flake right though - this deep offence taken at people who dont agree with your opinions.
    There is a difference between not agreeing with my opinions and closing down an organised speaker talking to a willing crowd because you dont agree with his opinions.

Thats called a tantrum.

Now I see the term 'sentient left' most definitely does not encapsulate your ideas.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There is a difference between not agreeing with my opinions and closing down an organised speaker talking to a willing crowd because you dont agree with his opinions.
    No what you're saying is people dont have the right to express their distaste with someone and their opinions ergo closing down free speach.

Thats called a tantrum.
    And what would you call your whining about a non event? :rolleyes:

Now I see the term 'sentient left' most definitely does not encapsulate your ideas.
    Who says i'm 'left wing' :lol: ? I just find this hypocritical whining by right wing snow flakes to be terribly boorish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    No what you're saying is people dont have the right to express their distaste with someone and their opinions ergo closing down free speach.

And what would you call your whining about a non event? :rolleyes:

Who says i'm 'left wing' :lol: ? I just find this hypocritical whining by right wing snow flakes to be terribly boorish.
    Yes. That is the essence of free speech. Im glad youre vaguely familiar with the subject!

Your idea of a non event and the reality of an event evidently vary somewhat.

Who said im right wing? I cannot even begin to fathom your motive (im being generous there) when you try to conflate concern free speech is being closed down and being right wing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)

you are being very offensive towards this cultured and educated gentleman; just because Mr Mogg does not try to get down with the kids like Mr Corbyn does not mean he is a fossil.
    you are not fit to wrap Mr Mogg's puttees.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes. That is the essence of free speech. Im glad youre vaguely familiar with the subject!
    Indeed, you seem to object to it...

Your idea of a non event and the reality of an event evidently vary somewhat.
    Can you read or not?

Who said im right wing? I cannot even begin to fathom your motive (im being generous there) when you try to conflate concern free speech is being closed down and being right wing!
    Apparently not... I didnt once say or imply you were right wing dear :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by the bear)
    you are being very offensive towards this cultured and educated gentleman; just because Mr Mogg does not try to get down with the kids like Mr Corbyn does not mean he is a fossil.
    you are not fit to wrap Mr Mogg's puttees.
    In fairness he has it coming...The Right Honorable MP for the 18th Century is a bit of a toss pot

The Great Leader Mr Corbyn though should be worshiped, speaking of which why are you not singing his praises?!

My deepest apologies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Indeed, you seem to object to it...

Can you read or not?

Apparently not... I didnt once say or imply you were right wing dear :rolleyes:
    I object to your understanding of free speech i.e the freedom to encroach on anothers right to speak freely.

Although since the beginning of our exchange ive wished otherwise, I can indeed read. Can you?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I object to your understanding of free speech i.e the freedom to encroach on anothers right to speak freely.

Although since the beginning of our exchange ive wished otherwise, I can indeed read. Can you?

Smugglypuff tactics will get you nowhere. Just makes you look more spineless than you already do my good chap!
    If you say old boy :rolleyes:
    Well apparently not, either that or you're a liar - which is it?
    smuggly who? Well if you didnt invent things I didnt say there wouldnt be a problem would there? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    If you say old boy :rolleyes:
    Well apparently not, either that or you're a liar - which is it?
    smuggly who? Well if you didnt invent things I didnt say there wouldnt be a problem would there? :lol:
    If you didnt continually pretend not to/honestly fail to understand simple concepts and well known references, id have saved myself a hell of a load of keystrokes!

But thankfully youve been kind to make yourself look stupid, and save me the time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you didnt continually pretend not to/honestly fail to understand simple concepts and well known references, id have saved myself a hell of a load of keystrokes!

But thankfully youve been kind to make yourself look stupid, and save me the time.
    cool story bro :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    Potentially the next Tory leader, Jacob Rees-Mogg is coming to Queen Mary on February 1st. Rees-Mogg's political track record shows he always takes the most conservative line, irrespective at who's cost that is.
    Well they are supposed to be the Conservative party. And if people choose to elect them like they did last time that's democracy and if a small minority think they don't deserve any platform they are the real facists.

Is a war monger who voted against investigations into the Iraq war
    He only voted once against an investigation because we already had one ongoing.

This is our campus, and we won't have politicians who are against the welfare and freedom of our diverse student and staff body. Thats why we're calling a protest on Library Sqaure at 6pm on Thursday 1st February to say that Jacob Rees-Mogg is not welcome at Queen Mary as a pro-LGBT, pro-choice and anti-racist campus

Why not let him speak then go along and challenge his views rather than simply shouting down. If you feel your case is so obviously right, surely most people will see that and he will be exposed. Or he may have a good response that will make you see an alternative viewpoint and reach common ground.

Frankly you sound like the anti-democratic facist by saying everybody at your campus has to subscribe to a top-down agenda where no one can be pro-life or disagree with militant LGBT people who undo women's rights by promoting bizarre transgender to the extreme and want religions to be forced to change their beliefs to accomodate homosexuality.

So, for example, you want to exclude followers of the world's largest religion from your campus because they don't conform.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob072)
    Well they are supposed to be the Conservative party. And if people choose to elect them like they did last time that's democracy and if a small minority think they don't deserve any platform they are the real facists.

He only voted once against an investigation because we already had one ongoing.

Why not let him speak then go along and challenge his views rather than simply shouting down. If you feel your case is so obviously right, surely most people will see that and he will be exposed. Or he may have a good response that will make you see an alternative viewpoint and reach common ground.

Frankly you sound like the anti-democratic facist by saying everybody at your campus has to subscribe to a top-down agenda where no one can be pro-life or disagree with militant LGBT people who undo women's rights by promoting bizarre transgender to the extreme and want religions to be forced to change their beliefs to accomodate homosexuality.

So, for example, you want to exclude followers of the world's largest religion from your campus because they don't conform.
    Your getting confused buddy. These aren’t my views, i copied this from a leaflet that was being handed out at uni.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.