Turn on thread page Beta

How do I convince my mum to let me get my nose pierced? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I’m your pretty average girl. I get Cs, Bs and on the occasion As. Next year I’m taking Spanish, Psychology and Biology for a levels. I asked my mum to let me get my cartilage pierced when I was 14 and she said no, she was going to let me get it done but then I backed out as I was scared, it took a while of convincing. I’m 16 next month and I really really want my nose pierced. I think it looks amazing and so many of my friends have it pierced. I really want to ask my mum to let me get my nose pierced however I don’t think she’ll let me and it will probably cause an argument if she says no. I’m just scared of asking her to get it pierced incase she thinks anything bad of me, is there any of you who experienced the same thing, if so how did you convince your parents? Also at 16 can’t you get a piercing without a parent with you or there consent?? Thankyou
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth286)
    So I’m your pretty average girl. I get Cs, Bs and on the occasion As.
    I don't get why your grades are relevant There isn't a minimum UCAS points requirement to get your nose pierced.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No I'm afraid you need a minimum of A*AA to get your nose pierced.

Also a Mother's Approval Qualification pass.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just ask. Also, make sure to check if the sixth form you'll be going to has any rules about piercings. Mine only allowed ear piercings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTLevers)
    I don't get why your grades are relevant There isn't a minimum UCAS points requirement to get your nose pierced.
    I was just giving background info, as I’m sure you wouldn’t expect straight A* students to get their nose pierced
    (Original post by Texxers)
    No I'm afraid you need a minimum of A*AA to get your nose pierced.

Also a Mother's Approval Qualification pass.
    I didn’t mean it like that I was just giving background info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Just ask. Also, make sure to check if the sixth form you'll be going to has any rules about piercings. Mine only allowed ear piercings
    Yeah they’re fine about it loads of sixth formers have them, also they’re bringing in new rules but I assume it’s only for the year 7-11’s

ReputationRep:
    I was just giving background info, as I’m sure you wouldn’t expect straight A* students to get their nose pierced.
    My mate got all A*s and he's got more piercings and tattoos than... I don't know what

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I 'm not sure but your mum most likely doesn't share your enthusiasm about it is the nose that is the best spot to get pierced; she'll be looking at you and see it all along.

You might as well think about other location than the nose. Try to compose a list of them, just think of all possible locations on the body and write them down on the list. Then when your list has been done come up to your mum and ask her if you can get her advice which location she thinks is better to choose. Don't insist specifically on the nose... perhaps your mum will then suggest one you and she can agree on.

ReputationRep:
    I was just giving background info, as I’m sure you wouldn’t expect straight A* students to get their nose pierced

I didn’t mean it like that I was just giving background info
    How does this even make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstronautD)
    Hi!
    I 'm not sure but your mum most likely doesn't share your enthusiasm about it is the nose that is the best spot to get pierced; she'll be looking at you and see it all along.

You might as well think about other location than the nose. Try to compose a list of them, just think of all possible locations on the body and write them down on the list. Then when your list has been done come up to your mum and ask her if you can get her advice which location she thinks is better to choose. Don't insist specifically on the nose... perhaps your mum will then suggest one you and she can agree on.
    Thankyou
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Honestly, it's not worth starting an argument about. Ask her, and if she says no then just let it be until you're an adult. At least if you respect what she says, she'll trust you more with things like this in the future. Plus, if your school are bringing in new rules, it's best to make sure they'd actually allow it and not force you to get rid once you've got it anyway

ReputationRep:
    Just ask if she says no then wait till your an adult - there’s no harm in that

ReputationRep:
    Erm with my tragus( which is not my nose ik but, still a piercing) i told my parents i would get it they just didn't believe me, until i came home with it.lol.
    I was still 14 at the time #lateborn #augustbaby(i got is done a week before my 15thbday) and i got it done with my brother who is above twenty. I just lied on the form saying i was 16 and my brother was with me so they couldn't really ask anything. With your situation, i think you should get a small stud so its barely noticeable.
    Do you have any older siblings that can go with you?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    :toofunny:

I got an A on my most recent exam and I've twelve piercings (inc. nose) and three tattoos. :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    So I’m your pretty average girl. I get Cs, Bs and on the occasion As. Next year I’m taking Spanish, Psychology and Biology for a levels. I asked my mum to let me get my cartilage pierced when I was 14 and she said no, she was going to let me get it done but then I backed out as I was scared, it took a while of convincing. I’m 16 next month and I really really want my nose pierced. I think it looks amazing and so many of my friends have it pierced. I really want to ask my mum to let me get my nose pierced however I don’t think she’ll let me and it will probably cause an argument if she says no. I’m just scared of asking her to get it pierced incase she thinks anything bad of me, is there any of you who experienced the same thing, if so how did you convince your parents? Also at 16 can’t you get a piercing without a parent with you or there consent?? Thankyou
    Well I don't know much about parental consent when it comes to nose piercings however, as someone else previously noted you should probably check to make sure the piercing doesn't go against any uniform codes you'll be required to follow (although maybe you could get away with using clear/'invisible' piercings in that situation); also if you really want to convince your mum to let you then maybe you could use it almost like a reward? For instance, if you get a certain grade on a test/assessment/mock exam/exam then she takes you to pierce your nose as a reward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvolitionWaisei)
    Well I don't know much about parental consent when it comes to nose piercings however, as someone else previously noted you should probably check to make sure the piercing doesn't go against any uniform codes you'll be required to follow (although maybe you could get away with using clear/'invisible' piercings in that situation); also if you really want to convince your mum to let you then maybe you could use it almost like a reward? For instance, if you get a certain grade on a test/assessment/mock exam/exam then she takes you to pierce your nose as a reward.
    That’s a good idea considering I have my last set of mocks before my GCSEs next month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohemaax)
    Erm with my tragus( which is not my nose ik but, still a piercing) i told my parents i would get it they just didn't believe me, until i came home with it.lol.
    I was still 14 at the time #lateborn #augustbaby(i got is done a week before my 15thbday) and i got it done with my brother who is above twenty. I just lied on the form saying i was 16 and my brother was with me so they couldn't really ask anything. With your situation, i think you should get a small stud so its barely noticeable.
    Do you have any older siblings that can go with you?
    Yeah my sisters 25 and my brothers nearly 18 but I doubt they would go against my parents

ReputationRep:
    Personally I told my mum I was getting it done when i was 17 and she wasn't pleased about the idea but said it was my choice, and when I came home with it she liked it a lot more than she'd expected!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTLevers)
    ssshhhhhh they're watching us

you've just doomed us all now :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2018
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.