janderson854
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, so for some reason CCEA has decided to hate on me and my generation and has subjected us to a brand new spec on a course that was already hard and confusing enough as is - so does anyone have any resources or have any advice to help me survive the pain in the anus that is Clash of Ideologies (considering I need to get an A in History lol)?
rc63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
CCEA are the worst, I relate, I have no idea how to write the essay and option 5 is the only option where there is no eBook. Not to mention the clash of ideologies revision guide by ccea isn't coming out until the end of August???? Are they having a laugh
janderson854
Rep:
?
Omg tell me about it! I've been buying lots of Russia revision guides and finding that none of them are actually of any relevance to the course! And apparently no where actually documents anything to do with the West? What an almighty pain in my ******** like
rc63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im doing partition of Ireland as well and ccea haven't provided any information on the interpretations questions same as last year as well. CCEA is an absolute joke, sick of them messing up my a levels because they can't be bothered to do their jobs properly
janderson854
Rep:
?
We are literally the same! What school do you go to? I find partition a lot easier than clash though, there's something about clash that I just can't get!
Craig598
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
did you get any help?
jmrh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, did you know that CCEA have FINALLY published an ebook for Clash? I am teaching it this year, you're right, its really tough! Main things for the essay are:1. cover the whole time period2. You cannot write about everything in 1 hour! Select the best examples of events/changes to help you answer that question3. make sure the points you select to write about are actually ansering that specific question4. Always link back to the question - clearly expain how you are asnwering it!
janderson854
Rep:
?
CCEA published a clash ebook, where is it?And thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
Craig598
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ccea website

History Revised 2018
Support materials
A21
janderson854
Rep:
?
(Original post by jmrh)
Hi, did you know that CCEA have FINALLY published an ebook for Clash? I am teaching it this year, you're right, its really tough! Main things for the essay are:1. cover the whole time period2. You cannot write about everything in 1 hour! Select the best examples of events/changes to help you answer that question3. make sure the points you select to write about are actually ansering that specific question4. Always link back to the question - clearly expain how you are asnwering it!
I still haven't found this ebook, can you let me know where it is? Thanks so much!!
Craig598
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/...?docid=25827-2
Craig598
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What your techniques for 10 marks in as1 Germany ?
janderson854
Rep:
?
(Original post by Craig598)
What your techniques for 10 marks in as1 Germany ?
Not gonna lie, I don't really remember. But from looking at past papers, you should refer to the question at certain points to focus your answer. 10 markers are all about contextual knowledge, and the right knowledge, only talk about what's relevant, and make sure to explain it somewhat. It's not enough to say something, it needs some degree of evaluation. All of this applies to A2 as well.
Craig598
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how everyone feeling about clash of ideologies on the 6th June
janderson854
Rep:
?
how everyone feeling about clash of ideologies on the 6th June
absolutely crapping myself
Craig598
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Am struggling to practise questions

Does anyone have a list of possible of questions ?
Craig598
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
^^^^^^^??????
Craig598
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are interpretations / quotes required in the new spec ?
kealan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Am struggling to practise questions

Does anyone have a list of possible of questions ?
My teacher thinks security may come up as it was last on in 2015. I'm resitting A2 in the old spec. Got a C last year with no historiography at all. Need a B this time so im just learning quotes and reading over two exam questions i have done.
Craig598
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you aware of historgraphy being no longer required in the new spec ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (225)
46.88%
Take exams next summer (67)
13.96%
Change uni choice through clearing (107)
22.29%
Apply to uni next year instead (49)
10.21%
I'm not applying to university (32)
6.67%

Watched Threads