The Student Room Group

Vectors

I’m trying to answer a question on vectors, it’s shows three different separate vectors a b & c. It asks to find vector c in terms of a and b. How do I work it out?

Scroll to see replies

Could you show a diagram?
I tried to upload a photo but it’s not working
Original post by Bstevens1985
I tried to upload a photo but it’s not working

Courtesy of Notnek:

Some users experience problems with attachments if they upload the image direct to TSR. If you are having problems then we recommend uploading the image to Imgur instead:

1) Go to http://imgur.com/ then click New Post at the top then browse to find your image.
2) Once the image is displayed, right-click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location". It is important you do this so you get the direct image link as opposed to the Imgur link.
3) To display the image in a TSR post you can paste this copied link into your post surrounded by tags
e.g. .
Oh okay well if nothing wprks you could try describing the question to me? Btw is this C4 OR M1?
If it's from a past paper you could tell me which one and I'll have a look
It’s out of the cgp Edexcel grade 9-1 complete revision book
Oh this is GCSE.yeah if you could tell 'mantekes' the page number we could get the picture from them if that's okay?
Page 152 question 25
Original post by Bstevens1985
Page 152 question 25

Find the vectors fr each in terms of a and b.

If they are multiples of each other they are parallel e.g. 2a is parallel to a, but b is not parallel to 2a
B4F90ED9-4898-4B8C-ADEB-92B8FA12B99D.jpg.jpeg
Managed to upload photo. It’s question 25 I’m stuck on!
I’m aware we have different books. send us the link of the book you have and then we can try to find it pdf and do the question
I think the answer is a-b
Apparently the answer is 2a + 3b but I’m not sure how to get that answer!
Oh I got it. I dunno if that makes sense 😂 but that’s how u get the asnwer
Seeing it as a triangle makes sense but how do you know you have to down three??
Is it because each square is one unit? So vector c is 3 units which means vector b is also 3 units??
Reply 19
Hope this makes sense :] Screenshot (524).png Sorry the vertical line should be 2a**

Quick Reply

Latest