Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Invited Round Someone`s House - Should I Bring Something? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At Uni and a friend has invited me round her house as she, and the rest of her house, were my flatmates in first year and I occasionally meet up with them. I`ve been round a couple of times and they`re really my only source of friends at uni. Nevertheless, I was thinking of taking a bottle of Prosecco round to be polite but was just wondering if that would be a bit weird? Their all girls so I think they`d prefer that than a pack of beers of something but as I`m going round there for a meal I feel I should take something. Would giving her Prosecco look like I was trying to make a move or look weird or anything? I`m sure they don`t really expect anything as we`re students so obviously don`t have loads of cash but just wondering what people`s opinions were.
    I probably do just think about things too much.

ReputationRep:
    biscuits. you can't go wrong with biscuits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Monk)
    At Uni and a friend has invited me round her house as she, and the rest of her house, were my flatmates in first year and I occasionally meet up with them. I`ve been round a couple of times and they`re really my only source of friends at uni. Nevertheless, I was thinking of taking a bottle of Prosecco round to be polite but was just wondering if that would be a bit weird? Their all girls so I think they`d prefer that than a pack of beers of something but as I`m going round there for a meal I feel I should take something. Would giving her Prosecco look like I was trying to make a move or look weird or anything? I`m sure they don`t really expect anything as we`re students so obviously don`t have loads of cash but just wondering what people`s opinions were.
    I probably do just think about things too much.
    I think I’d go for a couple of bottles of rose; then it’s obvious your intention is to share with all of them rather than gift a bottle to one of them if that makes sense? Imo prosecco is more of a special occasion thing really.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.