Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This has been happening to me I always find myself looking at compltley diffrent courses to the one I have applied. I think what is constantly going through my head is am doing the right thing and then end up going in circles and doing nothing and just feeling unsure and in doubt. I do not know if any one else gets this way. I just do not feel like anything sits right with me. I always seem like I find something but always find a problem to doubt my choice. It must seems like Im crazy but I just need some advise. it would really help
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by quickmagma)
    This has been happening to me I always find myself looking at compltley diffrent courses to the one I have applied. I think what is constantly going through my head is am doing the right thing and then end up going in circles and doing nothing and just feeling unsure and in doubt. I do not know if any one else gets this way. I just do not feel like anything sits right with me. I always seem like I find something but always find a problem to doubt my choice. It must seems like Im crazy but I just need some advise. it would really help
    It's quite normal to get some degree of cold feet when you are making such a big decision. However, it's up to you to decide whether this is significant enough to make you want to reconsider your decision. It might be worth going over what made you choose this course in the first place, and also what you want to do afterwards.

The school system (and often parents too) expect people to know their entire career plans at age 17/18. Lots of times, this is impossible. There is absolutely no shame in taking some time to decide.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't really thought of a gap year personally but I should give some time to think about it. And your also right I should think back a bit more and put everything into perspective
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by quickmagma)
    Haven't really thought of a gap year personally but I should give some time to think about it. And your also right I should think back a bit more and put everything into perspective
    Remember that you've got plenty of time as it stands. You can continue to pull out at any point quite easily with a quick email up until you make any serious commitment (e.g. signing an accommodation contract or enrolling at the university).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im using evrey single second up until may pretty much. Im going to an applicant day for my faverouite uni out of the bunch in a week which is a bit scary :O. All seems to be going so fast. But I think this will help me review what im doing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i get you. sometimes i do it just to see what kind of things they teach in uni in general. but what helps if youre unsure is to think up all the positive things about your course like why you like it, what path it could lead you to and if that interests you etc.to reconfirm why you chose what you chose. sometimes we forget our reasonings in the vast of opinions on ''course superiority'' ''elitism'' ''top unis'' etc, so it helps to remind ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a good ideas I'm going to make a list of serious ideas and put the plus points beside them. In the short of it i don't think I have enough base knowledge about my course to warrant doing it. While they say they will get everyone to same standard
    (Due to it being an uncommon thing and hardly any a levels of said course being there). But the majority of people I bet will have done said a level. I just feel like I'm going to be completey outclassed.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.