The Student Room Group

Standard Visitor Visa Immigration Rules

Hi there,

I am finding it very difficult to get straight answers regarding inviting over my husband's niece from the Middle East to spend a vacation here for a few weeks to then return back.

I have tried contacting UKVI (visas and Immigration) who charge, yes charge!! £5.48 for an email and £1.37 per minute if you call them. I called and got cut off but money had been deducted from my card. Had to call again spent nearly 10 mins on the phone only for the agent to tell me to log on to the website to obtain the information I was calling her about. I am furious about this.

Anyway, the long and short of it is. I am a 3rd-year final student and my husband lives in the Middle East. His niece aged 12 would like to come to the UK for a visit. I am prepared to pay for her flight and support her while she is here for 3 weeks. The only problem is this:

Are my student finance maintenance loan and support grants classed as public funds? Would I be permitted to save some of my student finance to fund my visitor's short stay?

My other question, (which I could not get UKVI to answer nor any immigration solicitors who did not want to charge) is regarding approximately how much would I need to prove as being sufficient to cover her stay for the 3 week period inclusive of flights roughly?

If anyone else has experienced something similar and could shed some light on things for me that would be really helpful as I am at my wit's end at trying to find out information to a couple of questions and hearing astronomical prices just to obtain an answer.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Reply 2
Thanks!

QUOTE=Puddles the Monkey;76018956]Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Reply 3
Thank you anyway.

Nobody provided me with any answers and I still feel lost with where to go next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending