The Student Room Group

Sutton trust summer school subject

Do you need any background in your subject in order to apply for that subject at the summer school? Like will they expect us to know stuff or will they be accepting of people that haven't got any background on the subject? I'm afraid of feeling out of place during my stay
Reply 1
What did you apply for? I thought they reply later in the yer.

I'm sure it'll be fine, the summer school is there to give people a new experience anyways so I doubt the universities will expect you to know everything. People will just have finished Year 12 anyway so there's still a year left of content.

I guess they still want you to be passionate about your subject stream and know what it entails. No good applying for a subject that you have no interest in x
Reply 2
Original post by voo
What did you apply for? I thought they reply later in the yer.

I'm sure it'll be fine, the summer school is there to give people a new experience anyways so I doubt the universities will expect you to know everything. People will just have finished Year 12 anyway so there's still a year left of content.

I guess they still want you to be passionate about your subject stream and know what it entails. No good applying for a subject that you have no interest in x

I've applied for economics however I've never done it before as it isn't offered in my school. I have taken maths a level and from what I've seen, most unis require that. Thank you tho!
Reply 3
Original post by S_ch
I've applied for economics however I've never done it before as it isn't offered in my school. I have taken maths a level and from what I've seen, most unis require that. Thank you tho!

Sorry I've replied quite late but unis don't require economics a level to do it at uni, maths is the basis. You'll be completely fine!

Good luck with your application, hope it's successful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest