Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, I’m currently failing in RE GCSE and I’m jealous for people that are getting level 6 and up (B => A).Would I be able to go Cambridge or Oxford if I failed this, how can I do better ? Thanks!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’m jealous of people *

ReputationRep:
    don’t worry!
    first of all, what year are you?
    unless you’re looking to do something that is based around RE - the whole oxbridge thing wouldn’t be a problem.

i can help if you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    don’t worry!
    unless you’re looking to do something that is based around RE - the whole oxbridge thing wouldn’t be a problem.

i can help if you want?
    I’m year 11 and luckily I WON’T do RE at uni but I was wondering that top universities would expect that everything is at least passed “C” grade; What I need is how I can answer the questions more accurately (gain more marks on questions d-type)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    don’t worry!

i can help if you want?
    Did you WJEC RE or did you do AQA ??

ReputationRep:
    in my school we use RISK (religious teaching, impact on people, source, keywords) so for a d question you would do 4 RISK paragraphs using different religions/denominations. also always include an atheist/humanist viewpoint in a d question. all you really need to do is remember key quotes that you can use for almost any topic, it doesnt matter if you use the same one again and again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 🦁Road to A** 🦁)
    I’m year 11 and luckily I WON’T do RE at uni but I was wondering that top universities would expect that everything is at least passed “C” grade; What I need is how I can answer the questions more accurately (gain more marks on questions d-type)
    I loved the d-type marks in the end!! I did mine in Welsh where we said TYYB which translated into: T= Testun (Subject), not that it’s mandatory but basically to rephrase the question and asking a question on the end, challenging what your about to say. Y=Yr ochr (the side (talking good/bad about the question, usually 3-4 points). Y= Yr ochr arall (the other side), talking about whatever side you didn’t talk about in the first “Y” (with the same principle. The amount of points made doesn’t have to equal each other- as long as there are roughly 8) and lastly B=barn (opinion).. says it for itself, but basically summing everything up (make sure it sides with the “Y” with the most points)

I don’t know if that goes totally off what your asking and I don’t know how you do it in general, but if it helps?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.