Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BNP Paribas Trading Graduate Assessment Centre watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guy, I recently got an email saying that I passed the online tests (no video interview weirdly) and they’ve invited me to their offices next week for an assessment centre day. But the email says it’s just 1 maths test, exchange rates and an interview with business - should last 2 hours. Anyone else done this and have any tips as to what the process is like? This is my first one ever :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    hey! no idea, but i have the same. Any ideas on what the tests/interview was like, i.e. was it competency or technical based? Any help would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I did this today The tests are just numerical, like GCSE non-calculator, and exchange rates are just finding currency pairs with info they give you! The interview was all competency based but i heard some people from a month ago had technical and competency so just prepare both hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Cool! So I am going to study the edexcel GCSE non calculator papers- do you think I should also restudy the online numerical tests or is there no point? For exchange rate- how long is the test i.e how many questions were there? Are these also GCSE standard or would you say they are more difficult? A bit worried about this bit!Okay perfect- thanks very much for your help! Xx

ReputationRep:
    there’s not much you can study, as long as you’re quick and accurate you’ll be fine - it’s mainly mental maths with decimals and basic square roots and squares you get 10 minutes for 10 questions for numerical and same for the exchange rates. no need to study the online numerical test, it doesn’t come up. Exchange rates is pretty tough because it’s non calculator but as long as you have good estimates you’ll be fine - it’s more to see how you estimate rather than spending time working out each one

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Thanks so much!

One more thing, what kind of things did they ask you in the interview/how long did it last for?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    interview was about 20 minutes, very relaxed basic competency questions like why BNP, why trading, talk about your CV and previous internships and what you learnt there - they just want to get to know you so just talk about what you want to achieve there and what you can contribute

ReputationRep:
    Okay great- thanks so much for your help. Greatly appreciated! Let me know when you hear back xxx

ReputationRep:
    Shushanli128 Please let me know if your hear back from them, I just got a grad job there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemforever)
    Shushanli128 Please let me know if your hear back from them, I just got a grad job there!
    Hey Jemforever, you have been offered a place for the Trading Grad? Did you go through any Assessment Center after the pre-assessment day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellyblinks)
    Hey Jemforever, you have been offered a place for the Trading Grad? Did you go through any Assessment Center after the pre-assessment day?
    Hey, I applied for a completely different role, I have a role in IT. So I have no idea about the trading application process. Did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemforever)
    Hey, I applied for a completely different role, I have a role in IT. So I have no idea about the trading application process. Did you apply?
    Okay, congrats! Yes , but the process is so long. I am trying to know if they made offer for this already actually just to estimate my chance of success at this point lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellyblinks)
    Okay, congrats! Yes , but the process is so long. I am trying to know if they made offer for this already actually just to estimate my chance of success at this point lol.
    I accepted my offer before Christmas, they got back to me quite late after my interview. So I advise just waiting, and if they take too long, just email them.

ReputationRep:
    there’s another pre assessment centre next wednesday so I don’t think we’ll hear back from them any time soon, maybe a couple of weeks to finish assessing everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shushanli128)
    there’s another pre assessment centre next wednesday so I don’t think we’ll hear back from them any time soon, maybe a couple of weeks to finish assessing everyone?
    Hi Shushanli, I got an E-mail for the math test too. Do you remember any of the questions?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.