Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've liked this boy for literally 4 years (lol i know but true) , and recently he told me he liked a girl that by the way is in another country. I can tell he kinda likes her and he tells me how he FaceTime her and i reply as if I'm calm about it but in real life it's kinda upsetting. How do i move on? I want to still be friends with him and have him in my life but i need to get over the fact he doesn't like me in that way.

We're friends with benefits but i asked him that if it was over whatever we had and he said no he doesn't want to stop what we had. I told him its hard as he likes someone and all that and i gave him reasons why we should stop. Fboy? I don't know. But ways to move on from a 4 year crush?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've liked this boy for literally 4 years (lol i know but true) , and recently he told me he liked a girl that by the way is in another country. I can tell he kinda likes her and he tells me how he FaceTime her and i reply as if I'm calm about it but in real life it's kinda upsetting. How do i move on? I want to still be friends with him and have him in my life but i need to get over the fact he doesn't like me in that way.

We're friends with benefits but i asked him that if it was over whatever we had and he said no he doesn't want to stop what we had. I told him its hard as he likes someone and all that and i gave him reasons why we should stop. Fboy? I don't know. But ways to move on from a 4 year crush?
    if you agreed that you were friends with benefits I don't think he is doing anything wrong. At least he was open and honest about his feelings for someone else. tell him how you feel about him, but since you are friends with benefits don't expect anything.

I suggest you end it with him now that you know you want different things, and try and move on.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.