Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone offered a place for optometry 2018 entry in Plymouth yet ? Or applying to hopefully study there , thought we could have an an idea of who is going !
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview on 27th January, and I received a letter in Wednesday saying I had an unconditional if I put them first.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was at that interview on Saturday 27th too. I got an unconditional too! Do you think you'll take it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I also went to the interviews on the 27th and got an unconditional offer (which I have firmed)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Ive got a conditional offer and I couldn't make that interview date so I rescheduled it to March 17. How was the interview and were there any specific questions they asked? I don't know whether to feel confident or nervous lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunya_itani)
    Hi guys. Ive got a conditional offer and I couldn't make that interview date so I rescheduled it to March 17. How was the interview and were there any specific questions they asked? I don't know whether to feel confident or nervous lol
    You should feel confident! The questions weren't what I expected honestly, for example, one question they asked about 'the role of an optometrist in high street opticians'. Another one was 'how do you like Plymouth'. They didn't ask about my personal statement or about hobbies/ interests. I think the out-of-the-box questions were used to gauge the applicant's reaction and basic knowledge. The second half of the interview was a group-based activity, in which we all had to debate on an ethical issue. My only advice would be to talk to people! It makes the group interview much easier if you have already had a chat with the other applicants. In comparison to other optometry applicant days (Cardiff and Aston) Plymouth was by far the most relaxed and welcoming! Good luck in your interview

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

If anyone is considering Optometry at Plymouth this September then please see our thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post76734524

Thank you!

Luke

OpSoc President 2018-2019

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.