Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I've recently had an abortion I was 8 weeks pregnant , when I found out I was pregnant I told a few of my close friends and told them I had made a decision to have an abortion, I haven't told the father...we aren't together and never were. We chatted for quite a while over social media and had 1 date and I took the emergency contraceptive the next day( obviously didn't work), we didn't stay in contact much after as I didn't really see myself in a relationship with this guy so I kind of just let things fizzle out. Anyway at this point I'm feeling quite guilty that a few people know and he doesn't and I don't know if he'll hear it and think it was wrong of me not to tell him but I also don't want him to think of it as pointless for telling him now once it's done. I'm also not sure who he'd tell and how many people would eventually find out

ReputationRep:
    Well it's over now isn't it? Nothing can be done about it. Arguably, if you wanted to tell him it probably should have been before the abortion, but once again, there's no point dwelling on the past.

This being said, is there any way he could find out from other people? Because yeah, that may be a problem. If it's something he's likely to find out about via the grapevine, this is probably one of those cases where he should hear it from you first. If not, then I would just get on with your life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2018
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.