The Student Room Group

Help?! Medical School Requirements?!

Hello!

I’m currently studying BTEC Health and Social Care level 3 in sixth form and I was wondering if that would help me continue into medical school despite my GCSE grades for English which were C’s and a C in maths and I really really wanna get into med school but I don’t know if I can.

Would I still be able to continue into medical school with these GCSE grades? Because I’ve always heard since I was younger that if you get low passing GCSE grades that it’s hard to do anything in life so I’ve heard by many teachers.

HELP ME PLEASE LIKE I NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVICE

THANKS
All 9s and GCSE and 3 A* at A level, you need to be a professional at a sport and save at least 20 kids in africa from health related issues.
On a serious note tho, try to get really high A level prediction grades and u should be good
Reply 3
Original post by mekail2001
On a serious note tho, try to get really high A level prediction grades and u should be good

Thank you!
Original post by Anisa_x
Hello!

I’m currently studying BTEC Health and Social Care level 3 in sixth form and I was wondering if that would help me continue into medical school despite my GCSE grades for English which were C’s and a C in maths and I really really wanna get into med school but I don’t know if I can.

Would I still be able to continue into medical school with these GCSE grades? Because I’ve always heard since I was younger that if you get low passing GCSE grades that it’s hard to do anything in life so I’ve heard by many teachers.

THANKS

Those grades and the fact you're doing BTEC rather than A-levels won't help. You need to look at the entry requirements for all the UK medical schools to check. Make sure you look at courses with foundation years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You can’t get in with BTECs unfortunately. Maybe it is accepted abroad in other countries though
Reply 6
You should try retaking gcse english, most unis want B or more
Original post by Anisa_x
Hello!

THANKS

I am a medic and can tell you I hve never met anyone in med school that did a BTEC... consider doing a-levels also loook at foundation programmes.

Quick Reply

Latest