Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever bought any law notes from oxbridgenotes.co.uk, specifically the LLB Law Notes and what did they think? Would you/would you not recommend them?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wazflame)
    Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever bought any law notes from oxbridgenotes.co.uk, specifically the LLB Law Notes and what did they think? Would you/would you not recommend them?

Thanks!

Honestly, I wouldn't bother buying notes from them. You have no way of verifying if the notes you are receiving are accurate. They're just a 3rd party and they don't exactly guarantee them either.

If you just want skeleton revision notes that you can flesh out on your own, both YourGDL notes and casebook are efficient. Good information, good skeleton layouts. If there are some cases that aren't the same as the ones you're doing it's not difficult to replace them, these revision notes have captured the fundamentals accurately and effectively. Thick bound books like text books. Phenomenal quality. If YourGDL incorporated some flowcharts it would be great.

Floatnotes are very colourful, they sell themselves on flowcharts, but the rest isn't that great or better than YourGDL. Their Public Law (Constitutional and Administrative) needs work, the layout is a little unclear, but the section is fleshed out better than the Y'gdl notes. Some other sections seem overly busy and might be confusing for some.
    The binder is flimsy and I imagine after some page turning it won't hold together well for long. But the flowcharts are great and can help you to create your own. A little overpriced but I suspect only to cover the cost of colour prints.

Most importantly Both suppliers are accurate with their information.

ReputationRep:
    If you search ebay for "gdl notes" there are some good ones from ex-students. You can usually buy them for a specific module too (e.g. Tort, Land, etc) rather than buy notes for modules you don't need help with.

Hope that helps.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.