Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Failure watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Maths - U
    English language- U
    History - U
    Statistics - U
    English Literature - D
    Science- E
    R.E- F
    Entry level 3 English, maths, animal care.
    Currently studying level 1 English, maths and employability.

    All of my qualifications are terrible, I'm terrified of my future, I don't want to be stuck in a dead end job hating life and on minimum wage, I'm 18, what do I do? Is there any hope for me to get the job I want and work as an animal care assistant in a rescue place or any decent paid job in maybe an office until I find an animal job?

    I'm currently in college, 3 months I worked in a shop as a Christmas temp position, I am doing dog walking paid, I've volunteered in 4 different animal places.
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    Retake your GCSEs at a local college evening or day course.

    You could take an access to higher education course which can lead to university and there is no entry requirements as such to get into it.

    Do the courses and voluntary work as required if you want to work as s animal care assistant.

    Good luck

    Agreed. Retake your GCSEs and this time put some effort in.

    Good luck!
    • Political Ambassador

    Political Ambassador
    Either resit your GCSEs, or just start on a lower level at college (probably level 1 course with those grades) and work your way up to your A levels. One of my childhood friends did the same thing as he didn't even do his GCSEs due to being chronically ill throughout that period of his life, and he eventually went to uni and got a degree.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2018
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.