Maths
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics

Options

Geography
    Spanish
    Drama

And then I want to do a second language, and my school offers both French and German. I am in year 8, and have been studying French since year 7, and it's always been one of my best subjects. Last year it was my favourite subject, but the teacher I have this year has taken the fun out of it. This year, we started studying Spanish and it has become my best and favourite subject! German I haven't formally studied at all, but I have done a few lessons on Duolingo and I love it already. The teacher for German is also really good and it just seems like the perfect option for me, but I'm just wondering - would it be too difficult to start from scratch in year 9 (and study for 3 years) and to then get an 8/9 (considering I am predicted a 9 in all my subjects)? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Which country are you most likely to visit? Do you have friends or family who live in any place where it is the local language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingHarold)
    Which country are you most likely to visit? Do you have friends or family who live in any place where it is the local language?
    Well, neither would be my main language, as that will probably be Spanish, but a few family friends (one of whom is coming over today) speak German, while I don't know anyone that speaks French. I'm also good friends with this girl online that speaks German, and she has offered to help me! As for visiting countries, I'm not really sure but Germany seems more attractive in the sense that it is less mainstream than France

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.