The Student Room Group

Calling all A/A* students!

Hello. I am in Year 10, going into Year 11 in September. In December I got my Term 1 GCSE mock results, and I am relatively pleased for now:

At the moment I am doing:

2.5 hrs of writing notes per day.
45 minutes of school homework per day.
25 minutes of memrise per day.

I really, really need 10 7/8's at GCSE and I know I can do it.

What do you think of my revision at the moment? Any experiences of how much you were doing at this stage in Year 10 and then went on to get all A/A*'s?

Any tips/ tricks that helped you accomplish it?

How much you were revising?

Let's get this forum popular so everyone can become motivated by it.

Thanks everyone.
Its best not to count EXACTLY how long you revise for and especially counting "memorisation" just is counter-intuitive tbh. Better to revise through topics and make good revision resources, mindmaps/flashcards and to watch videos to the point where you fully understand. The amount your doing is fine at the moment but make sure you know what you need to know as in printing out the specification for each subject. By Febraury year 11 I did around 4 hours a day but not consciously, in the Easter holiday tried to do 6 but started to tire myself out and so went back to 4 then close to my exams did really foucsed revsion on 2 hours.

I got 8 A* A and A*^ for Further Maths GCSE
Original post by s.m30
Hello. I am in Year 10, going into Year 11 in September. In December I got my Term 1 GCSE mock results, and I am relatively pleased for now:

At the moment I am doing:

2.5 hrs of writing notes per day.
45 minutes of school homework per day.
25 minutes of memrise per day.

I really, really need 10 7/8's at GCSE and I know I can do it.

What do you think of my revision at the moment? Any experiences of how much you were doing at this stage in Year 10 and then went on to get all A/A*'s?

Any tips/ tricks that helped you accomplish it?

How much you were revising?

Let's get this forum popular so everyone can become motivated by it.

Thanks everyone.

I personally think you are overdoing I would reccommend stating revision in year 11 prepare for every mock so revise often but not too much and 3 months before exam revise very extensively with past papers.

Use freesciencelessons.co.uk for science
mathsgenie for maths

No need to stress a levels is where all the hard work begins.I have received 7A*'s and 3A's
Original post by YSoSerious
Its best not to count EXACTLY how long you revise for and especially counting "memorisation" just is counter-intuitive tbh. Better to revise through topics and make good revision resources, mindmaps/flashcards and to watch videos to the point where you fully understand. The amount your doing is fine at the moment but make sure you know what you need to know as in printing out the specification for each subject. By Febraury year 11 I did around 4 hours a day but not consciously, in the Easter holiday tried to do 6 but started to tire myself out and so went back to 4 then close to my exams did really foucsed revsion on 2 hours.

No lol 'Memrise' is a website that helps you learn languages. I am doing an Italian GCSE and so I spend 25 minutes revising for that through quizzes etc on that per day.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I personally think you are overdoing I would reccommend stating revision in year 11 prepare for every mock so revise often but not too much and 3 months before exam revise very extensively with past papers.

Use freesciencelessons.co.uk for science
mathsgenie for maths

No need to stress a levels is where all the hard work begins.I have received 7A*'s and 3A's

Thanks!
Original post by s.m30
No lol 'Memrise' is a website that helps you learn languages. I am doing an Italian GCSE and so I spend 25 minutes revising for that through quizzes etc on that per day.

Oooooh fair enough lol, well in that case fair play to you

Where can I I find a simplified spec sheet for my subjects?
I am doing:
AQA English (both.)
AQA maths
AQA RE
Edexcel Italian
Combined Science AQA
Edexcel Business
AQA sociology
AQA History
Oooooh fair enough lol, well in that case fair play to you

Thanks dude. :smile:
Original post by s.m30
Where can I I find a simplified spec sheet for my subjects?
I am doing:
AQA English (both.)
AQA maths
AQA RE
Edexcel Italian
Combined Science AQA
Edexcel Business
AQA sociology
AQA History

Have you tried asking your teachers or looking on the exam boards website?

Quick Reply