The Student Room Group

Fed up with life

I'm fed up with life because:

1. my family doesn't care about me, i have no job.(I'm 18) I never get money from my mum so i can meet up with my friends.i only occasinally get money from my dad if when he tells my mum too. I feel like if i don't meet up i'm going to loose my friends. My brother never talks to me anymore and has his own house.
2. Whenever i get in trobule or have an argument. My mum tends to hit/push/threatens/invades my personal space etc...
3. I'm diabetic type 1 and in a certain area have school aged kids bullying me at weekends which has put me off one of my hobbies as i used to do a bit of photography and sometimes cycling as i cycle in that area for fun.
4. I love animals and have kinda started to loose interest except at my work experience at a stables which has nearly finished.
5. It hasn't affected me with college since now. I just can't do my maths and english homework even though it's easy.
6. i got in trobule with the police but it wasn't serious enough to go to court or get arrested etc... even though it shouldn't affect me getting a job i still think it might in the future.

Plus all of this is making me stressed which is annoying as i eat a lot when i get stressed which therfor affects my .blood sugar and goes high which isn't good because i'm Type 1 diabeitic. Doing this does harm my body as i could have risks of long term complications in the future. Also always pick scabs and if i'm not wearing socks i do cut dry skin off my feet (but not to the point where it bleeds). I feel like i don't want to live sometimes because of all of this. (due to my diabeites back in 2015, i did try to kill myself by taking to much insulin and ended up in a diabetic coma.i'm only alive because of my neighbours and emergeny services. but everyone just think it was a mistake. I never told anyone the real reason). Pretty much the only reason stopping me from killing myself is my hamster and college.

:frown:

Anyone else have similar experiences/any advice?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by L116
I'm fed up with life because:

1. my family doesn't care about me, i have no job.(I'm 18) I never get money from my mum so i can meet up with my friends.i only occasinally get money from my dad if when he tells my mum too. I feel like if i don't meet up i'm going to loose my friends. My brother never talks to me anymore and has his own house.
2. Whenever i get in trobule or have an argument. My mum tends to hit/push/threatens/invades my personal space etc...
3. I'm diabetic type 1 and in a certain area have school aged kids bullying me at weekends which has put me off one of my hobbies as i used to do a bit of photography and sometimes cycling as i cycle in that area for fun.
4. I love animals and have kinda started to loose interest except at my work experience at a stables which has nearly finished.
5. It hasn't affected me with college since now. I just can't do my maths and english homework even though it's easy.
6. i got in trobule with the police but it wasn't serious enough to go to court or get arrested etc... even though it shouldn't affect me getting a job i still think it might in the future.

Plus all of this is making me stressed which is annoying as i eat a lot when i get stressed which therfor affects my .blood sugar and goes high which isn't good because i'm Type 1 diabeitic. Doing this does harm my body as i could have risks of long term complications in the future. Also always pick scabs and if i'm not wearing socks i do cut dry skin off my feet (but not to the point where it bleeds). I feel like i don't want to live sometimes because of all of this. (due to my diabeites back in 2015, i did try to kill myself by taking to much insulin and ended up in a diabetic coma.i'm only alive because of my neighbours and emergeny services. but everyone just think it was a mistake. I never told anyone the real reason). Pretty much the only reason stopping me from killing myself is my hamster and college.

:frown:

Anyone else have similar experiences/any advice?

Find yourself a small career that you could do after your work experience, that you could earn a bit of money to save for the future.
Explain how you feel to your mum and dad and see if you can get an appointment with the doctors to get some antidepressants
Reply 2
Original post by IDOZ
Find yourself a small career that you could do after your work experience, that you could earn a bit of money to save for the future.
Explain how you feel to your mum and dad and see if you can get an appointment with the doctors to get some antidepressants

i'm not fed up much anymore.
I've applied for part time jobs and got shortlisted for a interview at a pet store after i call them back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending