Turn on thread page Beta

Does God Exist? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really any solid evidence to suggest there could be a god or multiple godly beings with some control over the way the world works. Certainly, many societies have some sort of god, gods, or supernatural/spiritual beings that are present in their faiths and views of the world. How possible these things are is another point entirely. Perhaps there's some instinctive human need to know why our planet has life and why we were 'created', and how life happened on this planet, which has lead to the need for an explanation for it.

Equally, there's nothing really to suggest that there couldn't be supernatural beings that control the universe or at least fashioned it. For all we know, this universe could have been created by alien species as a project to see if they could make a universe. Who really knows? The answer is - they don't. You can only believe one explanation or another, or none at all. Whatever your view is we should respect it. However, when you start pushing your view onto others, and when you start trying to control other people's lives - that's when there's a problem.

I, personally, don't believe in 'God' as such, but I'm certainly open to the idea that it's possible there's something else out there. Whether aliens or a an all-powerful being, I don't know. In terms of life after death, it's not like dead people pop back for a visit so you can ask.

I guess people just don't like the idea that life evolved for no specific reason and there isn't really a purpose for our existence here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asianprincess123)
    who created adam the first man on earth then?
    You do know that this is 'question begging' don't you?

Have you ever entertained the possibility that Holy Books (of any religion) are full of myths to provide simple-sounding answers to otherwise difficult or impossible to answer questions?

ReputationRep:
    No one, Adam didn’t exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    No one, Adam didn’t exist.
    how u saying that? if adam didnt exist their wont be no humans

ReputationRep:
    He's saying the first human to exist on earth isn't Adam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    He's saying the first human to exist on earth isn't Adam.
    he doesnt belive that adam was the first man on earth cox he knows its the truth but hes ignorant thats why hes denying it

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense. Humans evolved, there was no first man and woman, the gene pool isn’t big enough.

ReputationRep:
    he doesnt belive that adam was the first man on earth cox he knows its the truth but hes ignorant thats why hes denying it
    He doesn't believe in Adam because... he knows Adam is real? What you said doesn't make sense. Also, if you have that much certainty, you haven't really questioned much about your religion, have you? It is most likely that the Adam in Abrahamic religions (Islam, Christianity..etc) does not exist.

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense. Humans evolved, there was no first man and woman, the gene pool isn’t big enough.
    i dont belive in evolution

ReputationRep:
    i dont belive in evolution
    Not my problem. You not believing in it doesn’t make it not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    He doesn't believe in Adam because... he knows Adam is real? What you said doesn't make sense. Also, if you have that much certainty, you haven't really questioned much about your religion, have you? It is most likely that the Adam in Abrahamic religions (Islam, Christianity..etc) does not exist.
    do u have evidence that he didnt exist ?

ReputationRep:
    Have you gone mad? No, Adam didn’t exist and I know it’s not the truth. Troll harder.

ReputationRep:
    There has been proof that a man name Jesus who was a cartenper existed years ago but that doesn't mean there he performed miracles.

I personally don't believe God is real and think Religion is something people made up because they're scared of death and how when you die that's It - It's all over. But, that doesn't mean I won't respect your opinion (only if you respect mine).

ReputationRep:
    Have you gone mad? No, Adam didn’t exist and I know it’s not the truth. Troll harder.
    no im not mad and theirs no point arguing with u cox u think ur always right and others who challenge u are wrong

ReputationRep:
    no im not mad and theirs no point arguing with u cox u think ur always right and others who challenge u are wrong
    That’s because in most cases I am right and they are wrong. And this is such a case, where we know from biology that there was no first man and woman.

ReputationRep:
    gods are boneless pagan earth spirits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemma P)
    There has been proof that a man name Jesus who was a cartenper existed years ago but that doesn't mean there he performed miracles...
    If you exclude The Gospels, which were written by religious devotees and are not generally considered to have been contemporaneous, and exclude the Roman accounts which weren't written until after The Gospels appeared, what 'proof' is there?

ReputationRep:
    do u have evidence that he didnt exist ?
    What evidence would be satisfactory?

ReputationRep:
    4 perspectives for you. I’m sure others will have more

a- no there isn’t a god
    b- i don’t know but can you afford to take the risk?
    c- yes there is a god and having faith means you don’t need proof
    d- even if there is a god why would you be interested in an omnipotent being that allows such atrocities to be committed on our planet.

Which one is mine - I’ll keep my views to myself.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    There was no "Adam, first man on earth".
    Humans evolved from earlier, ape-like species over a period of millions of years. This is supported by a large body of convincing evidence that has been peer-reviewed by many scientists.

You need to come up with better questions than that.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.