Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Have you gone mad? No, Adam didn’t exist and I know it’s not the truth. Troll harder.
    **Coming from the man who believes he lives on a spinning ball and has evolved from an ape**

Haha, and you're calling him mad? You need a long hard stare at the absurdity of your own beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMoreILearn...)
    4 perspectives for you. I’m sure others will have more

a- no there isn’t a god
    b- i don’t know but can you afford to take the risk?
    c- yes there is a god and having faith means you don’t need proof
    d- even if there is a god why would you be interested in an omnipotent being that allows such atrocities to be committed on our planet.

Which one is mine - I’ll keep my views to myself.
    You forgot
    e- It's a possibility, but given the complete lack of evidence and its lack of necessity for any natural process, why assume it does?

d is one that is often overlooked. The fact that religionists see existence as necessarily requiring worship. This is a non sequitur. If god's actions are unacceptable or offensive, we are no more obliged to worship him than a 1950s Russian was obliged to admire and revere Stalin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drummond)
    **Coming from the man who believes he lives on a spinning ball and has evolved from an ape**

Haha, and you're calling him mad? You need a long hard stare at the absurdity of your own beliefs.
    All of that applies to you, poor troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    And yet, thousands of the most intelligent, most highly educated scientists in the world do believe in it. People who understand the scientific method, who know how to follow logical arguments, who acknowledge the need for evidence to support claims, who can spot errors in research.
    They accept that human evolution happened.
    But you don't.

What do you think that shows us?
    im not an idiot to belive ur scientific theorys because it doesnt make sense to me i dont need evidence im a muslim and im strong in my belief may allah guide u on the right path ameen

ReputationRep:
    Yes he does and he is called Noel Gallagher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asianprincess123)
    im not an idiot to belive ur scientific theorys because it doesnt make sense to me i dont need evidence
    Your post could well be demonstrating Poe's Law.

Anywho, your reply is just the "argument from personal incredulity".
    Just because you don't understand how your smartphone works, do you think it must be magic?

im a muslim and im strong in my belief
    You've certainly shown that you're not interested in evidence or facts.

may allah guide u on the right path ameen
    He has already misguided me on the wrong path, so why would he change his mind and guide me back the other way? My destiny is nothing to do with me, and neither is yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Your post could well be demonstrating Poe's Law.

Anywho, your reply is just the "argument from personal incredulity".
    Just because you don't understand how your smartphone works, do you think it must be magic?

You've certainly shown that you're not interested in evidence or facts.

He has already misguided me on the wrong path, so why would he change his mind and guide me back the other way? My destiny is nothing to do with me, and neither is yours.

allah doesnt misguide anyone people misguide themselves
    once a person is astray allah doesnt make an effort to change that individual if they are really astray wont go back to the right path .

ReputationRep:
    allah doesnt misguide anyone people misguide themselves
    That's not what the Quran says.
    There are at least five verses where it specifically says that Allah "misgudes/sends astray whomever he wills".

once a person is astray allah doesnt make an effort to change that individual if they are really astray wont go back to the right path .
    Did you not see that quote from Umar? Are you not familiar with the principle of Qadr? We have no control over what happens to us. We can only "go astray" if that is what Allah wills for us.
    Why would he want people to go astray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    That's not what the Quran says.
    There are at least five verses where it specifically says that Allah "misgudes/sends astray whomever he wills".

Did you not see that quote from Umar? Are you not familiar with the principle of Qadr? We have no control over what happens to us. We can only "go astray" if that is what Allah wills for us.
    Why would he want people to go astray?
    i havent read the entire quran so i cant anser ur question go ask an alim

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he's B&Qs most loyal customer. He's got the equivalent of a Nando's black card. Just look at how much stuff he bought from them to build everything.

ReputationRep:
    i havent read the entire quran so i cant anser ur question
    With all due respect, perhaps you should actually read it before coming on here to defend it in such a manner?

go ask an alim
    I am aware of the standard scholars' answer.
    They say that Allah only misguides people who he already knows will never believe in Islam, for whatever reason. I'm sure you can see the obvious flaws in that response (if you can't, let me know and I'll explain it for you)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    [QUOTE=QE2;76609644]With all due respect, perhaps you should actually read it before coming on here to defend it in such a manner?

I am aware of the standard scholars' answer.
    They say that Allah only misguides people who he already knows will never believe in Islam, for whatever reason. I'm sure you can see the obvious flaws in that response (if you can't, let me know and I'll explain it for you)[/QUOTE]

Generalisation? I dont know what scholar you have been to but many are quite open-minded considering their experience with the public and interactions with others. Let alone the years it took them to study the books as well as memorise it thoroughly. Oh yes and the tarteel of answering questions too. Thats needs to be 'dictated too'

With all due respect, you should stay within your own field and dont be another replica of Dr Zakir Naik. One of him is enough. Dont need another to meddle in such fields. QE2.

ReputationRep:
    Of course he exists #Grade 9 in RS!!!

(Original post by username3765926)
    Your arguments about God. I'm very interested to hear all your thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    Generalisation? I dont know what scholar you have been to but many are quite open-minded considering their experience with the public and interactions with others. Let alone the years it took them to study the books as well as memorise it thoroughly. Oh yes and the tarteel of answering questions too. Thats needs to be 'dictated too'

With all due respect, you should stay within your own field and dont be another replica of Dr Zakir Naik. One of him is enough. Dont need another to meddle in such fields. QE2.
    OK, what is the usual scholar's response to "why does Allah misguide people?", if it isn't "He only misguides people who he already knows will not accept Islam"?

Could you elaborate on the Naik comment? You completely lost me there.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by QE2)
    OK, what is the usual scholar's response to "why does Allah misguide people?", if it isn't "He only misguides people who he already knows will not accept Islam"?

Could you elaborate on the Naik comment? You completely lost me there.
    In regards to your question, Allah does not misguide rather he guides and the individual themselves selects to misguide themselves by disbelieving in Allah.

Zakir Naik, was a prominent doctor however one day he decides to meddle in the scholarly field and such has been a mess ever since. Scholars have repeatedly informed him to keep within his targeted and qualified field but all have fallen on deaf ears.

ReputationRep:
    In regards to your question, Allah does not misguide rather he guides and the individual themselves selects to misguide themselves by disbelieving in Allah.
    But that's not what the Quran says! (I thought you'd read it). It says "Allah guides and misguides who we will" on at least five occasions. It does not say "Allah lets people guide themselves who he will".

Zakir Naik, was a prominent doctor however one day he decides to meddle in the scholarly field and such has been a mess ever since. Scholars have repeatedly informed him to keep within his targeted and qualified field but all have fallen on deaf ears.
    I know who Zakir Naik is. I was wondering why the comparison.
    The reason why many modern Muslims don't like Naik is because he doesn't tone Islam down for a modern audience. He claims that Allah and Muhammad meant what they said about killing apostates and gays and adulterers and beating wives, etc.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by QE2)
    But that's not what the Quran says! (I thought you'd read it). It says "Allah guides and misguides who we will" on at least five occasions. It does not say "Allah lets people guide themselves who he will".

I know who Zakir Naik is. I was wondering why the comparison.
    The reason why many modern Muslims don't like Naik is because he doesn't tone Islam down for a modern audience. He claims that Allah and Muhammad meant what they said about killing apostates and gays and adulterers and beating wives, etc.
    I was not referring from the Holy Quraan there. But now that you mentioned it,the main reason as to why Allah misguides individuals is because individuals break promises with him and also severe ties with the prophets and therefore these particular individuals then sow dissension on earth.

I compared you two, because your'e replicating his actions. You're coming into a field where you may have knowledge about, but are not qualified to speak in. Same as he who was a doctorate but then found the path to philosophy and religion entertaining but is now giving individuals fatwas that he himself has no knowledge of. I guarantee you Muslims will agree with Zakir Naik if he actually studies about Islam rather than pull fatwas out of his own pocket. Something you do too. Hence the comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    There was no "Adam, first man on earth".
    Humans evolved from earlier, ape-like species over a period of millions of years. This is supported by a large body of convincing evidence that has been peer-reviewed by many scientists.

You need to come up with better questions than that.
    "Earlier ape like species"?

Don't be preposterous. I refuse to accept that my ancestors are African apes who swing from tree to tree banging their chests!

Don't be ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    the main reason as to why Allah misguides individuals is because individuals break promises with him and also severe ties with the prophets and therefore these particular individuals then sow dissension on earth.
    This is just classic circular logic!
    They are already misguided if they are doing those things. Surely those people need guiding? A devout Muslim does not need guiding by Allah. And why would Allah misguide someone who is already misguided?

I compared you two, because your'e replicating his actions. You're coming into a field where you may have knowledge about, but are not qualified to speak in. Same as he who was a doctorate but then found the path to philosophy and religion entertaining but is now giving individuals fatwas that he himself has no knowledge of. I guarantee you Muslims will agree with Zakir Naik if he actually studies about Islam rather than pull fatwas out of his own pocket. Something you do too. Hence the comparison.
    What qualifies someone to speak about a subject?
    You seem happy to speak about Islam all the time but regularly show a lack of knowledge, as do many Muslims on here.
    On the other hand, I avoid making statements about anything until I have researched it and am confident on its accuracy rather than simply uncritically parroting the accepted position, which is why you will find it difficult to find many (if any) occasions where I have been demonstrably wrong about something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londons Loverboy)
    "Earlier ape like species"?

Don't be preposterous. I refuse to accept that my ancestors are African apes who swing from tree to tree banging their chests!

Don't be ridiculous!
    You don't need to accept it, because they weren't.

If you don't know anything about human evolution, you can't really reject it.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.