Missed my grade for my Bristol offer.. Help!! what do i do?!

Watch
dhh1919
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have received an offer for Law at the Uni of Bristol after completing a Aussie foundation year. But I missed my grade!!! They have still not rejected me on UCAS though, so I tried calling and emailing them but no one could help me! Please can anyone give me advice on what to do now. Is there still a chance of them accepting me?? If so, what do I do to try get accepted?! who to call or email??
GamingAnonymous
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Theres always a chance they accept you. They probably want to wait until August to compare yours and everyone elses grades first.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dhh1919)
I have recieved an offer for Law at the Uni of Bristol. But I missed my grade!!! They have still not rejected me on UCAS though, so I tried calling and emailing them but no one could help me! Please can anyone give me advice on what to do now. Is there still a chance of them accepting me?? If so, what do I do to try get accepted?! who to call or email??
There's not really a way for you to try and get accepted... all you can really do now is wait and hope for the best. What you can do is ask Bristol approximately when they'll make a decision on whether or not they'll accept you or not. If it is a near miss, there's a possibility that they may still accept you... but it depends. In the meantime, look for insurance/UCAS Extra options and try to find backup unis/courses that you may like. Hope this helps and condolences on missing the offer :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
dhh1919
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, thank you for the reply!
Do you think its worth me sending an email to the law team (eg.professors etc) explaining why they should still accept me?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dhh1919)
Hey, thank you for the reply!
Do you think its worth me sending an email to the law team (eg.professors etc) explaining why they should still accept me?
Can you do so without sounding like a d1ckhead? I'm not being insulting here, but there's a fine line between showing your enthusiasm and coming across as desperate.

In any case, as pointed out above, I doubt they will be able to give you an answer beyond saying you have to wait until August when - if they have spaces after accepting all those who met their offers - they will evaluate the near misses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads