Turn on thread page Beta

If you speak only spanish, are your thoughts in english or spanish? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

If you speak only Spanish then you literally couldn't think in English because, you know, you wouldn't know the language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardusty)
    If you speak only Spanish then you literally couldn't think in English because, you know, you wouldn't know the language?
    What if you speak both English and Spanish?

Then it would most likely be your mother tongue. Although if you become equally fluent in both, then you can think in both. My friend who speaks both English and Hindi has told me she usually thinks in English when she's with English-speaking friends and in Hindi when she's with her Hindi-speaking family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardusty)
    Then it would most likely be your mother tongue. Although if you become equally fluent in both, then you can think in both. My friend who speaks both English and Hindi has told me she usually thinks in English when she's with English-speaking friends and in Hindi when she's with her Hindi-speaking family.
    Not Hinglish? Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suvanksk)
    What if you speak both English and Spanish?
    I'm bilingual, I live in Spain. Honestly It depends on the situation, but I normally think in English. If I'm in a group setting and everyone is speaking spanish then I think in Spanish, but I find it easier to process my emotions in english, idk why

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.