The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship [2018]

Scroll to see replies

Just finished tests for technology and finance in London. I asked for extra time to complete the online tests (still didn't finish :laugh:) since I receive it in school. This won't affect my application in any negative way will it?
Reply 61
That may explain why you've received your results so quickly. I've never heard of it being so rapid. Hopefully I'll get my invitation to the assesment centre too. Good luck when it comes :-)
Did anyone else find the situational questions part too ambiguous too? Especially, with the option to assign multiple statements with the same effectiveness grade?
Can someone apply who already has a Level 4 qualification?
Original post by vivaronaldoo

I’m not sure, I don’t think you can have a degree to apply. They have another scheme for degree holders and this is aimed to receive a level 4 qualification.
Still worth a try if not
Original post by shadow_moon
Did anyone else find the situational questions part too ambiguous too? Especially, with the option to assign multiple statements with the same effectiveness grade?

Yes, I found it difficult to answer some as I felt there wasn't enough context behind the question and answers. Did you feel the same?

I think they are the most difficult part of it for sure.. surely everyone’s judgment on those will be different? 🤷🏻*♀️

Yes! I emailed them exactly about this. You won't be able to apply for schemes that already provide the qualification you have. So it's worth going through them and seeing what scheme offers what at the end.
Original post by Shiba_Inu
Yes, I found it difficult to answer some as I felt there wasn't enough context behind the question and answers. Did you feel the same?

Yes!!! This was my hitch with it - most of the 4 options were the same in nature as well. It's done now though.
Original post by BecciA123
I think they are the most difficult part of it for sure.. surely everyone’s judgment on those will be different? 🤷🏻*♀️

I mean I get that it's designed to sieve decision makers out of the rest of the group but come on. The lack of context & clarity just made it senselessly confusing. I guess I should have read the competency framework to specifically know what they are looking for.
Yes! I emailed them exactly about this. You won't be able to apply for schemes that already provide the qualification you have. So it's worth going through them and seeing what scheme offers what at the end.

Brilliant. Thanks. Do you the email address?
(edited 6 years ago)
Anyone savvy with Facebook and have computer access able to set us up a closed group for us to use during the process?

Last year they was called Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship 2017 Cohort ?

So suggest a name of the same...But 2018.

I would do this but I’m on a course today so only on mobile 🤔

Then once it’s set up share here?
Im making one now, can someone send me their name on facebook since I need to add a friend to create it?
Brilliant. Thanks. Do you the email address?

Sure - [email protected]

Hi, I've just sent a request to join the group. My name's Ethan Macrae.
Original post by charlsmith170
Thank you!
It was about 10 minutes after I submitted, then another email 5 minutes later to confirm my assessment centre time and date. Its the first time I have applied and looking at other comments it seems its unusual to have heard so quickly so I'm not sure how I've been so lucky! Good luck to everyone hopefully will see you all there 😊

That’s crazy fast! I work for civil service also but haven’t heard back yet!
Congratulations and good luck 😉
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by shell_xx_shell
Can I ask when your assessment centre is? And what areas you applied for?
That’s crazy fast! I work for civil service also but haven’t heard back yet!
Congratulations and good luck 😉

Yes mine is in London. if you live over 2 hours away they pay your expenses which is amazing! there is another assessment centre in Newcastle. I didn't get to choose which one I was just told my date, time and location .
I applied for all of them as I am willing to relocate if needs be, first choice was Business, second was project delivery (I think, can't quite remember!)

Thank You! Good luck with yours keep us updated 😁
Any more heard back yet? I don't know if I can do another 7 weeks of waiting 😂

I agree, I thought they were so hard, especially without any context.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending