Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Does anyone know any healthy breakfasts or what they should include without taking too long to prepare?

Thank-you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oats with almond milk and some chopped up berries and fruit thrown in is a good one :top:Best way to make it filling is to volumise it, i.e. put in plenty of liquid and then microwave it so the oats absorb the liquid and swell in size. I like to cook 100g of oats in half a pint of semi-skimmed milk, then stir some water in to moisten it, but that comes out around 500 calories so you may want to use smaller amounts than that.

ReputationRep:
    cereal like shreddies or porridge with honey.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Oats with almond milk and some chopped up berries and fruit thrown in is a good one :top:
    This x100. I had that/slight variations for 153 days straight last year. It's possibly my proudest and best achievement of 2017.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 8472)
    This x100. I had that/slight variations for 153 days straight last year. It's possibly my proudest and best achievement of 2017.
    Oats have been a staple meal for me for several years now. Quick and easy to prepare, tastes nice, healthy - what's not to love!?

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing keto for a few years and I usually have one whole avocado, some cucumber and a few peanuts. I know it's weird combo but I love it!

ReputationRep:
    Oats with almond milk and some chopped up berries and fruit thrown in is a good one :top:Best way to make it filling is to volumise it, i.e. put in plenty of liquid and then microwave it so the oats absorb the liquid and swell in size. I like to cook 100g of oats in half a pint of semi-skimmed milk, then stir some water in to moisten it, but that comes out around 500 calories so you may want to use smaller amounts than that.
    Thank-you, I shall have to try that out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loluwa-Temi)
    cereal like shreddies or porridge with honey.
    Thank-you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Thank-you!

ReputationRep:
    Re; the oats. You can also try overnighting them, just mix oats and almond milk with fruit/nuts/stevia/whatever works for you and put it in the fridge overnight. Gives it a lot of time to soak up and if you're in a rush in the morning it saves time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieMay16)
    Hi,

Does anyone know any healthy breakfasts or what they should include without taking too long to prepare?

Thank-you
    Since everyone recommended oats, I thought I would add some variety to your breakfast. Oats are great but you cannot have them every single day for you'll start to hate them even if you use different toppers. What you can have instead of oats is low fat greek yoghurt with gluten free sugarless corn flakes from Holland & Barrett and some flaxseeds and/or nuts on top. Also have chia seeds with almond milk or oat milk or coconut milk. You can add a teaspoon of raw cacao in your chia seeds pot for a guilt-free chocolate flavour. Hope this helps All these have been tried and tested!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rri14)
    Since everyone recommended oats, I thought I would add some variety to your breakfast. Oats are great but you cannot have them every single day for you'll start to hate them even if you use different toppers. What you can have instead of oats is low fat greek yoghurt with gluten free sugarless corn flakes from Holland & Barrett and some flaxseeds and/or nuts on top. Also have chia seeds with almond milk or oat milk or coconut milk. You can add a teaspoon of raw cacao in your chia seeds pot for a guilt-free chocolate flavour. Hope this helps All these have been tried and tested!
    Thank-you so much! That’s really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I think generally speaking it's recommended to have some carbs for energy, some dairy (or alternatives like soya) for the calcium, some fruit for the vitamins and a long drink.

ReputationRep:
    Oats have been a staple meal for me for several years now. Quick and easy to prepare, tastes nice, healthy - what's not to love!?
    Same everyday for lunch. I skip breakfast because of Intermittent fasting and have Oats with two tablespoons of mixed nuts and chocolate whey protein, sometimes banana depending what mood im in. Oats are so versatile add what you want with it and it will taste good. When I didn't fast I used to have a tablespoon of Nutella and oh my that is such much better than having cereal or any other unhealthy breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    my go to breakfast at the moment is greek yoghurt mixed with strawberry granola SO good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayWithMarkers)
    Re; the oats. You can also try overnighting them, just mix oats and almond milk with fruit/nuts/stevia/whatever works for you and put it in the fridge overnight. Gives it a lot of time to soak up and if you're in a rush in the morning it saves time.
    Thank-you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    greek yogurt and granola, is always nice! i love this one

or porridge with fresh fruit and a little bit of cinnamon is always good and filling too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    greek yogurt and granola, is always nice! i love this one

or porridge with fresh fruit and a little bit of cinnamon is always good and filling too
    Thank-you!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Weetabix is life

ReputationRep:
    Don't know how much healthy my breakfast is. But honestly, I take an half boil egg and 2 loaf. That's enough for the morning.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.