Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My Over thinking has ruined it...I think? watch

Hey all!
    So lately for a good month or so I've started talking to my crush that I've been liking for two years. The thing is everything was all going good till the Tuesday that just went by. On that Tuesday I saw the friend of a guy that liked me a year ago talking to the guy I like now and the guy I like kept looking at me so I assumed he knows about what happened (that's a long story but long story short it did not end well for me as everyone put me in a bad light) ). Due to this I kept worrying about it everyday since then.

Then Yesterday in a class we had together he kept acting like he was annoyed that I wasn't talking to him and not starting a convo with him..so what I understand from this is that the friend of the guy didn't talk about anything bad about me which is why I think the overthinking and overanalysing has ruined anything between us.

Now I'm going to see him again next Tuesday how do you think I should be with him keeping in mind the fact that due to the overthinking I didn't talk to him for a whole week?? The thing is I don't want to mention the bad stuff I had to go through a year ago and I don't want him to think I'm bipolar by suddenly being all friendly next Tuesday when I didn't even talk to him the whole of this week? I'm scared that he may think I'm leading him on when that wasn't even what I was doing...

Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, just be yourself.
    You're overthinking it again. Act normal on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, totally

I'm scared he hates me now because I didn't talk to him the whole of last week and I could tell he was quite annoyed and angry yesterday because he abruptly left the study room like half an hour before lunch yesterday.

(Original post by Nottie)
    Omg, just be yourself.
    You're overthinking it again. Act normal on Tuesday.
    If only acting normal comes easy to a person like me...

ReputationRep:
    yeah rip

Bump

Bump.

ReputationRep:
    If he's annoyed that you're not talking to him, that means he enjoys talking to you. Next time you see him start a conversation, and if necessary say you didn't mean to be unfriendly last week. Everything will be fine.

(Original post by Tian1Sky)
    If he's annoyed that you're not talking to him, that means he enjoys talking to you. Next time you see him start a conversation, and if necessary say you didn't mean to be unfriendly last week. Everything will be fine.
    Hey Tian1Sky!! This is one of the best pieces of advice I've probably ever received and I'm really thankful because now I'm less worried!! Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm scared he hates me now because I didn't talk to him the whole of last week and I could tell he was quite annoyed and angry yesterday because he abruptly left the study room like half an hour before lunch yesterday.
    Just talk to him normally. If he asks why you didnt talk to him last week, be like you had a bad week or something.

And STOP overthinking! Show him that you're interested. Just go up to him and be like hey dude, I like you. Wanna go out for dinner/hang out? Be confident, be friendly, and most importantly, be yourself! It's the 21st century; don't wait for guys to ask you out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.