x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am predicted AAB in my Alevels and have five offers,
    Newcastle-AAA
    Cardiff-AAB
    Exeter-AAB
    Liverpool-ABB
    Northumbria-ABB
    I really want to go to Newcastle but I don't think I can get in, do unis accept you if you just miss the grades? also is it better to put Northumbria or Liverpool as a back up choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ENUT101)
    I am predicted AAB in my Alevels and have five offers,
    Newcastle-AAA
    Cardiff-AAB
    Exeter-AAB
    Liverpool-ABB
    Northumbria-ABB
    I really want to go to Newcastle but I don't think I can get in, do unis accept you if you just miss the grades? also is it better to put Northumbria or Liverpool as a back up choice?
    Every year, thousands of applicants get into their firm choice uni despite missing their offer by a grade or two. Whether you will if you choose Newcastle is impossible to say, but you would have a decent chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you want to go to newcastle. Believe in yourself, if you do you'll put more effort into studying. If you say "I don't think I can get in" you won't put as much effort in. AAB->AAA is not a massive jump, just get a grip with your 3rd subject.

About your insurance choice, it comes down to whether you want to live in newcastle or liverpool. Prestige really isn't important unless you're wanting a career in law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stud3nt994)
    You sound like you want to go to newcastle. Believe in yourself, if you do you'll put more effort into studying. If you say "I don't think I can get in" you won't put as much effort in. AAB->AAA is not a massive jump, just get a grip with your 3rd subject.

About your insurance choice, it comes down to whether you want to live in newcastle or liverpool. Prestige really isn't important unless you're wanting a career in law.
    Law is the degree I’m going for I’m just worried that for a backup Northumbria isn’t very good compared to Liverpool
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ENUT101)
    Law is the degree I’m going for I’m just worried that for a backup Northumbria isn’t very good compared to Liverpool
    If you were doing something like computer science or engineering I would say go whereever you feel most comfortable be it exeter or northumbria; it doesn't really matter. But law firms can be quite snobby when it comes to where you got your degree from. I'd say put liverpool as your insurance choice. If you're feeling super confident, pick exeter. Remember confidence is key to success in all areas of life.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.