Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can someone advise me in what to do please? In November 2017 I suspended my studies at uni for a year due to serious family issues, so I went to my student services for help with suspending and also my finance. The people at the student services told me I had to get in touch with my lectures which I did and they told me that it was fine and that I and my family take the time to recover and if need be they will get in touch about any issues about my student finance to live off. So it’s now February and I haven’t had any word off the uni or the student finance of England, but they have paid me for this term which I’m very worried about because I keep thinking my lectures havn’t told the student services and they haven’t told the SFE and that the SFE think I’m still at uni and that I have to pay the money back for a term I haven’t attended. Have they paid me by mistake or do they know and still paid me for a good will gesture? Should I get in touch with the SFE or my uni? I feel really embarrassed asking them. I don’t know what to do? Can someone give me advice?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Seapearl)
    Can someone advise me in what to do please? In November 2017 I suspended my studies at uni for a year due to serious family issues, so I went to my student services for help with suspending and also my finance. The people at the student services told me I had to get in touch with my lectures which I did and they told me that it was fine and that I and my family take the time to recover and if need be they will get in touch about any issues about my student finance to live off. So it’s now February and I haven’t had any word off the uni or the student finance of England, but they have paid me for this term which I’m very worried about because I keep thinking my lectures havn’t told the student services and they haven’t told the SFE and that the SFE think I’m still at uni and that I have to pay the money back for a term I haven’t attended. Have they paid me by mistake or do they know and still paid me for a good will gesture? Should I get in touch with the SFE or my uni? I feel really embarrassed asking them. I don’t know what to do? Can someone give me advice?
    Hi Seapearl,

When you suspend your studies the university will advise us of the suspension, you will be reassesed up until that point and your payments will stop. The status of your application online, will show as suspended.

Your payments do not continue until the university advise that you have resumed on the course.

We have no access to particular accounts on the Student Room, if you contact us on twitter or facebook we can look into this further for you.

http://twitter.com/SF_England
    http://www.facebook.com/SFEngland

Thanks Rona

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.