The Student Room Group

Italian man attacks foreigners

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42930749

Quite sad, hopefully the victims recover.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I can understand his anger really as Italy has lots of illegal migrants at the moment, but shooting unless they attacked you first is wrong I admit that.
(edited 6 years ago)
It doesn't matter whether he is a Islamist extremist targeting foreigners or a right wing terrorist targeting migrants the article doesn't really specify this is a horrible attack and may our thoughts and prayers be with the families and friends of the victims.
Reply 3
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
It doesn't matter whether he is a Islamist extremist targeting foreigners or a right wing terrorist targeting migrants the article doesn't really specify this is a horrible attack and may our thoughts and prayers be with the families and friends of the victims.

He made a fascist salute and had an Italian flag wrapped around his neck when arrested so it wasn’t by an Islamist extremist. Not sure why you needed to mention that
Reply 4
Original post by RevoIution1488
Only way to stop them if our governments wont is for the population to carry out attacks and drive them out

Its us or them, fight for your future and homeland or be tolerant cuck and perish

Sorry but they've really given us little choice. It's a double edged sword.

I think it’s quite horrible to attack a migrant even if you don’t like them being in your country. If the government doesn’t want to stop them and you do, then the only way you should try and enact change is by voting for a party that does want to stop them, or just leave them alone. They’re not all bad people
Original post by The RAR
I can understand his anger really, Italy literally has accepted so many "refugees" more than any other EU country, but shooting unless they attacked you first is wrong I admit that.

You disgust me.
Reply 6
Original post by tylerthegoat
You disgust me.

I wouldn't be surprised when I get replies like this, I said it myself that the attack was wrong but I was just putting this incident in context, at the moment there is a lot of tension between the inhabitants of Italy and the illegal migrants that have been going there in masses
Italy has always had a lot of fascists, even more so since the refugee crisis. Honestly it was only a matter of time before this happened.

This particular case, it was apparently "revenge" for a Nigerian refugee killing and chopping up a local Italian girl into pieces a few days ago, in the same town/region.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Italy has always had a lot of fascists, even more so since the refugee crisis.

Honestly it was only a matter of time before this happened.

I'm a bit concerned about how we are just labelling the victims as foreigners, as if they are somehow less Italian than the monster who shot them... chances are they are refugees or citizens (might surprise some of the resident racists, but black people can be Italian citizens).

True, I admit that
Italy has always had a lot of fascists, even more so since the refugee crisis. Honestly it was only a matter of time before this happened.

This particular case, it was apparently "revenge" for a Nigerian refugee killing and chopping up a local Italian girl into pieces a few days ago, in the same town/region.

I wonder what the reaction would be from Nigerian men if hundreds of thousands of Italian men forced their way onto Nigerian soil settled into camps in and around towns and cities demanding money from the Nigerian government leading to an increase in crimes eventually culminating in a local girl being murdered and chopped up buy an Italian guy.
I'm sure they'd look the other way 🙂
Original post by Just my opinion
I wonder what the reaction would be from Nigerian men if hundreds of thousands of Italian men forced their way onto Nigerian soil settled into camps in and around towns and cities demanding money from the Nigerian government leading to an increase in crimes eventually culminating in a local girl being murdered and chopped up buy an Italian guy.

I wonder how Italians would react if Nigerians invaded and colonised their country and sold them as slaves for centuries.

Because that's what Italians and other European nations did to Africa.
I wonder how Italians would react if Nigerians invaded and colonised their country and sold them as slaves for centuries.

Because that's what Italians and other European nations did to Africa.

Agree, Migrant Crisis is partially the fault of the Europeans because of "Manifest Destiny" and colonialism.

It is now up to them to fix it.
Reply 12
All these White people with their refugees welcome signs up .. get a reality check

Yo can't share your country with so many people

What will you have left for yourselves? no country, while they'll get two.
I am part Italian and have family that lives in Italy. I can tell you one thing about Italians is that they are not like the Brits, Swedes, French, Germans, Austrians etc. They will not sit idly as the demographics and culture changes. Italians are the last people you want to provoke.
Original post by Just my opinion

If you opened a history book, you'll know that hundreds of thousands European did force their way into Nigeria and most of Africa, doing worse things than demanding money. But it's okay, you can look away and pretend it never happened.
Reply 15
Original post by Hirsty97
I am part Italian and have family that lives in Italy. I can tell you one thing about Italians is that they are not like the Brits, Swedes, French, Germans, Austrians etc. They will not sit idly as the demographics and culture changes. Italians are the last people you want to provoke.
The average British person wouldn't either, more likely the government would though.
It can't come as much surprise to anyone, it wasn't all that long ago that Italy was ruled by Mussolini.
In some parts of Italy he is celebrated.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/06/28/scottish-professor-sparks-diplomatic-spat-claiming-italy-still-reveres-mussolini/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending