Turn on thread page Beta

So I met this girl in the final year of uni, she came up to me and asked if i wanted to be her lab partner so i was like sure. Anyway after a couple of practicals and lectures she asked me for my number. So we started texting over christmas and stuff. The thing is when we are texting once or twice she will send a dead end text such as lol. Then ill just send a laughing emoji and she will try to carry on the convo with another question. Whats the point of sending a dead end text in the first place? and does she like me?

Ask her out on a date or just accept being friends/acquaintances.
    I feel like this is the answer to 90% of the posts on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I met this girl in the final year of uni, she came up to me and asked if i wanted to be her lab partner so i was like sure. Anyway after a couple of practicals and lectures she asked me for my number. So we started texting over christmas and stuff. The thing is when we are texting once or twice she will send a dead end text such as lol. Then ill just send a laughing emoji and she will try to carry on the convo with another question. Whats the point of sending a dead end text in the first place? and does she like me?
    Sometimes dead end texts become force of habit (I know they are for me) but take it as a good sign that she tries to continue conversations afterwards.

As to whether or not she likes you, it's harder to say. Try to ask her out to a coffee shop or somewhere similar so that if she asks you why, you can just say that you want a chat or you want to go over something with her. By her reaction to that, you may be able to tell if she likes you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.