Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if I wanted to become popular online by motivating / inspiring people what could I use
    I was thinking Wattpad or tumblr?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Your question is too broad and it is also the wrong question. A Wordpress hosted blog and a Tumblr blog will naturally have different benefits and drawbacks that affect your content but the platform itself doesn't inherently matter that much. You can be successful using any platform you like. Using one platform over another is unlikely to (by itself) affect how popular you are, providing you put the right content on the right platform.

ReputationRep:
    Out of the two, I'd say Tumblr.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    if I wanted to become popular online by motivating / inspiring people what could I use
    I was thinking Wattpad or tumblr?
    Why not both? There's this thing called copy and paste - you might've heard of it?

Sarcasm aside, since you're just starting out, you can post on both.

The benefits of Wattpad over Tumblr is that you can write for longer, and whenever you want, allowing for deeper, more meaningful interactions. As with Tumblr, most of the time you'd have to wait until people ask you for advice, thus restricting your motivational/inspirational abilities.

The benefits of Tumblr over Wattpad is that you can reach a wider range of people, since it's more popular than Wattpad. Plus, it's just generally easier to 'make it' on Tumblr than Wattpad.

That being said neither of those platforms are ideal, since Wattpad is mainly focused on fictional writing, and Tumblr is... well it's Tumblr. It'd be incredibly difficult for you to become popular no matter what platform you're using, and that's just because of the state of the internet right now.

ReputationRep:
    Blogging is my true hobby!
    I cannot live a day without writing my blog. I'm not a professional blogger though, I work on improving the look of my blog and the tips from https://studioblackbelt.com help a lot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 2, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.