Turn on thread page Beta

The ‘I am in dire need of getting my life together’ blog watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My names Bruce, I’m in my second year of doing my GCSEs and as the title may not so subtly suggest I desperately need to get my life together.

Welcome to my blog where I will (hopefully) be regularly posting about my journey to trying to get my life together, succeeding, and attempting to do well in my GCSEs. Whether your here for motivation, inspiration or just to procrastinate I hope this blog will help and if not I’m sure it’ll be able to give you a laugh whether that’s through my misfortunes or through my false hopes.

Recently I’ve been struggling through a time of low motivation and migraines, lots and lots of migraines which in turn has given me less motivation, so I thought what better way to try and motivate myself than to start a blog, which will either help me see the error of my ways, give me motivation or guilt trap me into revising more. With the mocks just over and a couple of months to get everything together before the real deal there could not be a better time to start this blog, well yes September probably would have been better, maybe October possibly November but anyways let’s jump right in.

So I guess I should probably say a bit about what I’m studying in school and maybe something on predictions and my hopes and aspirations... yeah that’s probably a good idea. My subjects will be listed below.

Subjects:
    French
    English Literature
    English Language
    Maths
    Technology and Design
    ICT
    Classical civilisation
    Double Award Biology
    Double Award Physics
    Double Award Chemistry
    Religious Education short course

Target Grades:
    French A
    English Literature A*
    English Language B
    Maths A
    Technology and Design A*
    ICT A*
    Classical civilisation A
    Double Award Biology A
    Double Award Physics A
    Double Award Chemistry A
    Religious Education short course A*

Mock Results: French: C (yeah that uh did NOT go well)
    English Literature: unknown
    English Language: A
    Maths: A*
    Technology and Design: A*
    ICT: A*
    Classical civilisation: Unknown
    Double Award Biology: B
    Double Award Physics: A
    Double Award Chemistry: Unknown
    Religious Education short course: A

Overall what I’m aiming for is all As however that’s probably too optimistic but I guess as they say we must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope. Honestly I just want to survive the next few months and do well.

Finally I guess I should give some pointless information about myself to make me seem more relatable and realistic? At least that’s what authors do with characters so why not. Im 15 and of the male variety and some of my favourite things to do are to read, write, listen to music and animate. I play the piano however it’s debatable whether play is actually an acceptable word to describe it. I’d state my favourite food if I didn’t love everything. My favourite part of the day is the morning at about 6:00 when I’m walking my dog. I listened to a grand total of about 700 hours of music in 2017 so I guess you could say I’m slightly obsessed with it. My favourite song is the last goodbye which brings me onto the point that I’m quite passionnant about the lord of the rings and the hobbit however I love a lot of books, movies and shows but if I was to write about them I’d never start to revise . I absolutely detest French so there’s a high chance a large amount of this blog could be me complaining about French. For A levels I’m starting to have a bit of a crisis about choosing what to do although I am considering ICT and physics.

If anyone made it to this point without sleeping well done! :yy: I hope I didn’t bore anyone and if so I sincerely apologise. Now I’ve got to figure out how to end this without seeming extremely awkward, I guess yeah let’s do this!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    hello, good luck with your gcses and this blog your mock results are really good, you should be proud any ideas of what you want as a career?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    hello, good luck with your gcses and this blog your mock results are really good, you should be proud any ideas of what you want as a career?
    Are you doing 9-1 or A*-E

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I’m feeling just neutral towards my mock results honestly but at least they were ok for the little motivation I felt towards them. As far as careers go there’s three main ones that come to mind. I’d love to be a freelance animator however that’s quite an unstable one. I’d also love to do something VFX related, which is like special effects in movies etc. Finally I’d like to be some sort of engineer too, although I’m still not sure what I want to pursue. What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GcseStudent9)
    Are you doing 9-1 or A*-E
    The majority of my exams are with the exam board CCEA so they are graded from A*-E although it is possible to get a U too
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JamoJar)
    Thank you! I’m feeling just neutral towards my mock results honestly but at least they were ok for the little motivation I felt towards them. As far as careers go there’s three main ones that come to mind. I’d love to be a freelance animator however that’s quite an unstable one. I’d also love to do something VFX related, which is like special effects in movies etc. Finally I’d like to be some sort of engineer too, although I’m still not sure what I want to pursue. What about yourself?
    it's good to have lots of ideas! i'm thinking of pursuing a career w mental health atm, i would like to study psychology with sociology at uni

ReputationRep:
    :hi: good luck with your GCSEs!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    :hi: good luck with your GCSEs!!
    Thank you! Good luck with whatever you are endeavouring to do right now! :smile:

ReputationRep:
    it's good to have lots of ideas! i'm thinking of pursuing a career w mental health atm, i would like to study psychology with sociology at uni
    Yeah keeping the options open psychology sounds pretty awesome and I think it would open up quite an interesting career

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.