Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Iam a parent and am about having my second kid in the uni ,I just want to inquire will the maintenance allowance be shared btw both these kids
    Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Obalola)
    Iam a parent and am about having my second kid in the uni ,I just want to inquire will the maintenance allowance be shared btw both these kids
    Thank you
    Hi Obalola,

When there is more than one student from the same household in higher education we will deduct £1130 for each additional student from the total amount of household income declared - this is known as a 'Disregard'.

If the student has applied to be means tested the easiest way for sponsor(s), that is parents to support the application is via their own online account, here they can manually search for each student and provide their income details.

If the sponsor is unable to do this they should complete a PFF2 form and return it to us with a covering letter confirming the names and DOB of all students they want to support, this letter must be signed and dated.

Regards Rona

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.