Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Good everyday laptop watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Maximum £500
    I need one for studying and watching things, playing things.

Like 14 inches not too small
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    Maximum £500

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this thread moved over to the Laptops, netbooks and tablets forum.

Check out this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the HP 15-bs158sa would be a really good laptop that you should consider.

It has:
    - Windows 10
    - Intel i5
    - A Quad-Core Processor
    - 4GB of RAM
    - 1 TB Storage

I've suggested this one as PC world are currently doing a sale on their 15.6" model of this laptop so that it's even cheaper than their 14" one. I've got a HP laptop myself and I'd say it's definitely well worth especially at the low prices they have relative to other laptops. Here's a link to the laptop I was talking about:

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/windo...-criteria.html

Good luck choosing a laptop and hope your happy with whatever you choose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.H.Rahman)
    I'd say the HP 15-bs158sa would be a really good laptop that you should consider.

It has:
    - Windows 10
    - Intel i5
    - A Quad-Core Processor
    - 4GB of RAM
    - 1 TB Storage

I've suggested this one as PC world are currently doing a sale on their 15.6" model of this laptop so that it's even cheaper than their 14" one. I've got a HP laptop myself and I'd say it's definitely well worth especially at the low prices they have relative to other laptops. Here's a link to the laptop I was talking about:

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/windo...-criteria.html

Good luck choosing a laptop and hope your happy with whatever you choose
    Thanks v much
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The suggested HP is not a bad laptop but the 4GB of RAM doesn't look fun. I'd recommend this instead, 8GB of RAM and as an added bonus comes with an SSD for extra speed. Downside is the lack of storage but the increased RAM is more important imo and alternatives for storage exist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    Maximum £500

I agree with previous response, Lenovo Idea Pad 320 S is really a good choice, many my friends use laptops made with this brand and I heard so many positive reviews about their models
    Also why not to try Acer laptops? In case of quality they're one of the best, for example I got my Aspire model 8 years ago and it's still very cool and works super both for my job and entertainment. I can recommend you Acer Chromebook 11 N7, it has very nice specifications and costs no more than £200. Asus ZenBook UX330UA is mentioned on many resources about gadgets https://linkto-blog.com/ as a very good laptop too. And it's definetely for your budget, its price is exactly
    £ 500.
    Hope this was helpful!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 9, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.