Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    I get your point but men do the same as in they want their woman to posses the stereotypical “woman” qualities like not having any body hair, smelling like perfume and roses all the time, being submissive, being successful but not more successful than him so as not to damage his manly ego and be made fun of by his friends, being experienced in the bedroom but God forbid she’s slept with more than 5 men even if he’s slept with over 20 women, be blamed if he cheats because she doesn’t dress sexy enough and he can’t control his raging manly hormones...
    Few men want a woman that has been around alot. It is an unpopular opinion about women, but some men are not that liberal in knowing that their wives or girl has been with loads of men.

I do understand the hypocrisy, but the point has been that men and women, who want equality, should seek true equality. We should, at least, try to have or demonstrate the same qualities that we seek in a partner.

We should also demand fairness in relationships. You hear some women say that they are more than their bodies and looks, but some men are also more than their wallets and status in society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    No, I am not. Just stop. I refuse to ask out guys just like most UK "Men" do. End of. It's equal now.
    But you have no argument, do you? Asking someone out is not a "biological trait" that only men can do. I think you need to look up the definition of biological.

ReputationRep:
    LOL so you only strive for equality when it comes to women paying for dates and asking out? But it's perfectly fine for men to sleep around but not women?

"All for equality" lmao
    Are you talking to me? I think it's fine for women and men to have casual sex. It's a little bit disgusting if either sex has intercourse with a large number of people.

It actually takes skill for a man to sleep with lots of women. He needs a certain type of confidence. It takes no effort for a woman to get laid. People don't respect things which take no effort - that's what the issue is here.

You still never answered the original point. Why do you want equality in certain areas but not others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Are you talking to me? I think it's fine for women and men to have casual sex. It's a little bit disgusting if either sex has intercourse with a large number of people.

It actually takes skill for a man to sleep with lots of women. He needs a certain type of confidence. It takes no effort for a woman to get laid. People don't respect things which take no effort - that's what the issue is here.

You still never answered the original point. Why do you want equality in certain areas but not others?
    Some BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Few men want a woman that has been around alot. It is an unpopular opinion about women, but some men are not that liberal in knowing that their wives or girl has been with loads of men.

I do understand the hypocrisy, but the point has been that men and women, who want equality, should seek true equality. We should, at least, try to have or demonstrate the same qualities that we seek in a partner.

We should also demand fairness in relationships. You hear some women say that they are more than their bodies and looks, but some men are also more than their wallets and status in society.

LOL so you only strive for equality when it comes to women paying for dates and asking out? But it's perfectly fine for men to sleep around but not women?

"All for equality" lmao

ReputationRep:
    Some BS.
    Go to any nightclub wearing a short skirt and it won't be long before a guy makes a move on you. From there, allow him to take the lead and take you back to his place at the end of the night. Very very simple.

Now back to my original point which you are repeatedly ignoring: why do you want equality in some areas and not others?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

"All for equality" lmao
    I never wrote that. It is not okay for any gender to sleep around.

I was not only talking about dates and paying for dinner. It is much deeper than that, but dates and wooing encounters are the first line of interaction between men and women.

It is crazy how a woman can really like a man, but do absolutely nothing about it. They just give “hints” and expect the man to have psychic powers.

Now i am not talking about having a major shift in gender roles. However, i am saying that women need to meet men half way. Then we can truly have equality.

ReputationRep:
    I never wrote that. It is not okay for any gender to sleep around.

I was not only talking about dates and paying for dinner. It is much deeper than that, but dates and wooing encounters are the first line of interaction between men and women.

It is crazy how a woman can really like a man, but do absolutely nothing about it. They just give “hints” and expect the man to have psychic powers.

Now i am not talking about having a major shift in gender roles. However, i am saying that women need to meet men half way. Then we can truly have equality.
    On my thread, you and a bunch of other guys were referring to whore. Implying that women sleeping around it wrong or worse for women than men. None of you "men" were screaming equality then. Funny that!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    On my thread, you and a bunch of other guys were referring to whore. Implying that women sleeping around it wrong or worse for women than men. None of you "men" were screaming equality then. Funny that!
    They are the same. Yes, society has been harsher to women but i think they are the same.

Women, and men, should not be sleeping around. If you want to engage in such acts, then get married.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you selectively respond to certain points, and ignore everything you're wrong about? And believe me, you've been wrong about a lot!

To repeat:

It requires skill and confidence for a man to bed multiple women (or being very rich/high status). Men know how tough it is, so they admire any other man who has the skill to pull it off.

For women it requires no effort - short skirt, bit of makeup, night out, that's pretty much it. No one admires something that takes no effort.

Add in the fact that women will often sleep with men for ulterior motives (eg. money, to further their career), it's obvious why a woman who sleeps around gets zero respect.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

To repeat:

It requires skill and confidence for a man to bed multiple women (or being very rich/high status). Men know how tough it is, so they admire any other man who has the skill to pull it off.
    For women it requires no effort - short skirt, bit of makeup, night out, that's pretty much it. No one admires something that takes no effort.
    Or just be extremely attractive. Just like attractive women get easily laid, same goes with men. 0 effort. Bishes through themselves at you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why do you selectively respond to certain points, and ignore everything you're wrong about? And believe me, you've been wrong about a lot!

To repeat:

Add in the fact that women will often sleep with men for ulterior motives (eg. money, to further their career), it's obvious why a woman who sleeps around gets zero respect.
    Or just be extremly attractive. Just like attractive women get easily laid, same goes with attractive men. 0 effort. Bishes through themselves at you.

ReputationRep:
    They are the same. Yes, society has been harsher to women but i think they are the same.

Women, and men, should not be sleeping around. If you want to engage in such acts, then get married.
    No, grown adults can do whatever they want. It's their bodies.
    That is YOUR beliefs. Not everyone believes sex is for marriage only.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No, grown adults can do whatever they want. It's their bodies.
    That is YOUR beliefs. Not everyone believes sex is for marriage only.
    Of course it is my belief. I am not speaking for all humans neither do you represent all black people or women.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is my belief. I am not speaking for all humans neither do you represent all black people or women.
    So why judge others then? Not everyone is religious.

LMAO. When have I said I represented black people or women??/ tf
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So why judge others then? Not everyone is religious.

LMAO. When have I said I represented black people or women??/ tf
    I put it the same way you directed it at me.

I am not judging others, in the end it is their business. Sleeping around is generally not a good thing, regardless of religion.

Even if you ignore the risks to sexual health from having multiple partners, there are other mental, emotional and sometimes physical risks from doing so. It is just not down to religion.

ReputationRep:
    I put it the same way you directed it at me.

I am not judging others, in the end it is their business. Sleeping around is generally not a good thing, regardless of religion.

Even if you ignore the risks to sexual health from having multiple partners, there are other mental, emotional and sometimes physical risks from doing so. It is just not down to religion.
    Well, they are grown adults and that's their business if it causes them harm.
    But you have called women "whores" in the past for sleeping around, which is sexist. And shouldn't you be striving for equality?

ReputationRep:

Oh stop it. It takes effort for girls to get laid are you serious. They dont take forever and spend their rent money and uni loans on clothes, hair, makeup and surgery for nowt. And women get rejected all the time, now you're being sexist towards men assuming all men are perverts who will **** anything.

ReputationRep:
    You're lumping all women in together. Not cool. For your information, I am none of what you listed. Along with MANY women I know.
    From the moment we met, my husband and I either split dates or treated each other every other date.
    I proposed to him.
    Me and my husband have the same education and both have a job and the same number of hours. Therefore. Hell YES we share the chores. You kidding me bro?

I can't even lol. How old are you?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well, they are grown adults and that's their business if it causes them harm.
    But you have called women "whores" in the past for sleeping around, which is sexist. And shouldn't you be striving for equality?
    I will repeat again, they are the same. I focused on women on your thread because i think that was the focal point.

They are adults, of course. They should do whatever they want. I am not stopping them.

You know, if a person starts having sex at 18 (which is old in today’s time), by the time they reach 28 and ready to marry. They would have had 10 partners, if they were conservative and dated one guy per year, which is not really possible in modern time.

I heard a story of a woman who’d had 49 partners by the time she was 30. I was shocked!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.