Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Lol I asked you many direct questions. It was my last quote to you yesterday which you decided not to respond to

I’m confused. What does abortion have to do with it?
    Edit: Oh nvm. You answered a different question.

Mine was 5 fertilised eggs or 3 newborn babies?
    What do you mean 5 fertilised eggs? Do you mean laboratory manufactured embryos or 5 newly pregnant women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I agree. There's this new 'men are trash' culture amongst young women which is just causing more divide. I love and respect men but at the same time,I do expect to be proposed to,asked out,be bought gifts etc. That's just how I've been conditioned,like most girls. Blame Disney fairy tale movies haha. I expect a man to take lead and be a dominant alpha male character. It seems like women have taken on the role of a man,no thanks to the rise of extreme feminism
    That's fair enough that you expect a man to do that.

However, what difficult womanly duties are you prepared to do in return? It's give and take - you can't expect the man to do all the giving while you do all the taking.

Also, I hope you don't expect equality with men in other areas. After you expect them to do all of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    That's fair enough that you expect a man to do that.

However, what difficult womanly duties are you prepared to do in return? It's give and take - you can't expect the man to do all the giving while you do all the taking.

Also, I hope you don't expect equality with men in other areas. After you expect them to do all of this.
    First off,i believe it's the role Of the man to take care of me,and vice versa but I expect him to be the man of the house,So being submissive and obedient,respecting him etc (not a pushover) is something I would give back in return for him doing all these things..
    Tbf,majority of women don't expect much from men,we just want to be respected,shown appreciation etc

Foo.mp3

ReputationRep:
    First off,i believe it's the role Of the man to take care of me,and vice versa but I expect him to be the man of the house,So being submissive and obedient,respecting him etc (not a pushover) is something I would give back in return for him doing all these things..
    Tbf,majority of women don't expect much from men,we just want to be respected,shown appreciation etc
    Also,a man asking you out and proposing isn't that difficult is it? I don't like men who complain about basic things such as the above.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so you are prepared to be submissive, allow him to be a man, give him plenty of compliments on how strong and manly he is, act all girly and feminine and vulnerable around him, let him protect you, dress sexy for him, give him breakfast in bed, generally show a lot of appreciation to him? And so on and so forth.

This is the sort of thing that happened 50-100 years ago. But since modern feminism took over, women want to be strong and independent. They are less feminine, more aggressive and don't give enough opportunity for men to be men anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    What do you mean 5 fertilised eggs? Do you mean laboratory manufactured embryos or 5 newly pregnant women?
    Yeah 5 eggs that have been fertilised via IVF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Ok, so you are prepared to be submissive, allow him to be a man, give him plenty of compliments on how strong and manly he is, act all girly and feminine and vulnerable around him, let him protect you, dress sexy for him, give him breakfast in bed, generally show a lot of appreciation to him? And so on and so forth.

This is the sort of thing that happened 50-100 years ago. But since modern feminism took over, women want to be strong and independent. They are less feminine, more aggressive and don't give enough opportunity for men to be men anymore.
    Omg hell yes I am! Gotta show my man I appreciate him one way or another.

ReputationRep:
    Omg hell yes I am! Gotta show my man I appreciate him one way or another.
    That's good that some women are still like this. But unfortunately, the majority have become lazy, rude, aggressive, unfeminine but still expecting men to be men and prince charming to sweep them off their feet. And my opening post was aimed at the majority of women. I do accept that there are some exceptions who are decent, well-mannered, with good principles and want one of either a) full equality or b) gender roles.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    In 2016 in England and Wales, 190,406 abortions were carried out. The number of abortions that had complications that lead to death was 1. The medical risks are extremely low, you might as well say you would save the newborns because the pregnant women could be hit by a car, it’d be much more likely. Don’t pretend to care about the women, they’re clearly just vessels for the precious foetus to you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...Wales_2016.pdf

But at least you stuck to your guns, I guess.
    No i dont think women are vessels. I just used my own reasons to arrive at a final value.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah 5 eggs that have been fertilised via IVF
    Aren't they babies as well?

ReputationRep:
    Aren't they babies as well?
    Probably in your view. So you’d save the 5 fertilised eggs over the 3 newborn babies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    If all the women you've encontered have been like this to you, maybe you should expand your social circle. We aren't all like that but there's probably a reason why you're attracting the kind of people that you are.
    Also most women I know(including myself) wouldn’t treat people like that and believe that if we’re going to fight for rights and equality it includes in our relationships. If it isn’t an equal relationship it’s unlikely to be a completely happy one.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Probably in your view. So you’d save the 5 fertilised eggs over the 3 newborn babies?
    What would you do? This question is weird.

Would you save a car with a family of 4 or a school bus with 30 children? Surely you will save the one with the most people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeyA2000)
    Completely agree with everything you’ve said there. And when a man breaks up with a women, men are ********s etc etc. But when women break up with men it’s ‘you go girl atttiude’ you don’t need him he’s a looser etc etc. Women are very strange creatures.
    “Woman are very strange creatures” I totally agree. But I have a feeling this comment will face a lot of controversy

ReputationRep:
    What would you do? This question is weird.

Would you save a car with a family of 4 or a school bus with 30 children? Surely you will save the one with the most people?
    I would save the three newborn babies because IMO, they are actual people unlike the eggs. What would you do?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I would save the three newborn babies because IMO, they are actual people unlike the eggs. What would you do?
    If the 5 eggs are in a petri dish in the lab, then the 3 newborn babies. However, if they are 5 conceived babies growing in their mother’s wombs, then i would go for the 5 babies.

ReputationRep:
    If the 5 eggs are in a petri dish in the lab, then the 3 newborn babies. However, if they are 5 conceived babies growing in their mother’s wombs, then i would go for the 5 babies.
    But you stated that life begins at conception. If the eggs have been fertilised with sperm in a Petri dish then that means that conception has occurred.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    But you stated that life begins at conception. If the eggs have been fertilised with sperm in a Petri dish then that means that conception has occurred.
    Conception is when the fertilised egg gets conceived by the mother. A fertlsed egg in a petri dish cannot grow until it is conceived by a mother.

ReputationRep:
    I think that in general you are acting as if women are all the same and have the same idea of how they want to be treated, but that obviously depends on the women themselves and the men’s personalities because there isn’t just one side of this, if women want to be treated differently when in private with a significant other, you shouldn’t be comparing that to how they think they should act in public because it’s entirely up to how they think of themselves and others around them interacting with one another which completely defeats the purpose of having a significant other because they shouldn’t treat you the same as ever else, where as what your saying is, if men want to own women in the bedroom and women being ok with that, that’s up to them, but that doesn’t mean that it should happen in the workplace too , so why is it the woman’s fault for how they act towards each other.

ReputationRep:
    Conception is when the fertilised egg gets conceived by the mother. A fertlsed egg in a petri dish cannot grow until it is conceived by a mother.
    No. Conception is when the egg has been fertilised by sperm. A woman cannot conceive on her own.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.