Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    i told you - women don't want 'equality', they want superiority
    So true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    This is what I don't understand about the modern day gender equality/feminism movement. They want equality in some areas, but other areas they are happy for things to stay the same as long as they receive the benefit.

Women want equal treatment in the workplace with their male colleagues. They want equal pay (FWIW the gender pay gap is a myth - same job for same hours get paid the same, otherwise it's illegal), they don't want to experience sexual harassment in the workplace (what about all the false accusations which ruin men's careers?), they want the same opportunities men have, they want equal opportunities for promotion (despite many of them taking time off for maternity leave).

This is all fair enough. Except they don't want equality in dating. Men are still expected to:

- ask the woman out and face possible rejection (women might give subtle hints, but under no circumstances will they ask the man out - that is "his job"
    - pay for the first date (and possible subsequent dates as well)
    - propose to the woman
    - treat her with meals/gifts
    - hold open the door for her
    - give up his coat if she's cold, so he can freeze (but never the other way around)
    - put the majority of effort into sex (this is centered around pleasing the woman - the man's enjoyment is always assumed)
    - be manly and dominant, never show any weak emotions, keep his problems bottled up because otherwise it's "unmanly"
    - household chores must now be shared. Women no longer have to do all the cooking and cleaning, it's shared equally between men, because otherwise it's gender discrimination/oppression. Despite the fact men are still seen as the primary breadwinner in the household and a man without a job is a virtual disaster.

So back to the original question: Why do women want gender equality in the workplace (and indeed many other areas), but not in dating? I'm interested to hear to views of men, women and any feminists.
    Lol I agree that feminism is bs and is definitely about female superiority but a lot of this is rubbish.

- I asked out my last two boyfriends
    - I think it's cute if the guy pays on the first date cause it's kinda traditional but I wouldn't expect it and I'd certainly be happy to pay/split the bill if he didn't want to pay, and if he paid for the first date then I'd definitely try and balance it out (I'm currently behind atm but he has a full time job and I'm a broke student so I'm doing my best haha)
    - Again I think it's cute and traditional if the guy proposes but I'd be equally happy if we just came to a mutual decision to get married
    - Lol I wish, I used to surprise my ex with treats all the time, got f*ck all in return
    - I hold the door open for anyone who's following behind me, it's just basic manners
    - If I'm complaining that I'm cold it's more likely I'm hinting that I want him to put his arm around me, I'd only take his coat if he was insistent
    - Have you ever actually had sex? Other than riding him and bjs there's not a lot the girl can really do, most positions require the guy to be the one to move
    - Ok seriously starting to doubt if you've ever actually been in a relationship now, a real relationship is about love and support, if a guy's hiding his feelings from me then he obviously doesn't trust me and why the f*ck would I date someone who doesn't trust me? And if a guy was dominant with me he'd be dumped in two seconds flat
    - If a couple work equal hours then the housework should be shared equally, it doesn't matter who earns more money. And if one person works less hours and therefore has more free time then yes they should take on more of the housework. Gender is irrelevant here.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    No. Conception is when the egg has been fertilised by sperm. A woman cannot conceive on her own.
    Conception is the begining stage when conceived in the womb and starts the gestation period. For fertilised egg, it can only be conceived through successful insemination to the mother’s womb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    That's good that some women are still like this. But unfortunately, the majority have become lazy, rude, aggressive, unfeminine but still expecting men to be men and prince charming to sweep them off their feet. And my opening post was aimed at the majority of women. I do accept that there are some exceptions who are decent, well-mannered, with good principles and want one of either a) full equality or b) gender roles.
    Men also have a lot to blame for. Most men today don't act like men at all,they're very feminine. It very difficult to find a manly man in this day and age
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Men also have a lot to blame for. Most men today don't act like men at all,they're very feminine. It very difficult to find a manly man in this day and age
    I agree with this statement. I hear women complain about this all the time. The new name is f*ckboy. I think some men need to step up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I agree with this statement. I hear women complain about this all the time. The new name is f*ckboy. I think some men need to step up.
    Yes! Men need to take responsibility for their actions and stop ****ing women over

ReputationRep:
    Conception is the begining stage when conceived in the womb and starts the gestation period. For fertilised egg, it can only be conceived through successful insemination to the mother’s womb.
    “Biologically, conception is the moment when a sperm cell from a male breaches the ovum, or egg, from a female. The process is also known as fertilization and is the initial stage of development for human growth”
    https://study.com/academy/lesson/wha...-symptoms.html

During IVF, once the eggs have been fertilised by sperm, they become embryos. Isn’t an embryo a living human being in your view?
    “The fertilised eggs (embryos) continue to grow in the laboratory for up to 6 days before being transferred into the womb. The best 1 or 2 embryos will be chosen for transfer.”
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ivf/what-happens/

So of all the embryos in the Petri dish, only a couple are chosen to be transferred into the mother’s womb. That means that the remaining embryos will die. So should all parties involved be given multiple life sentences for murder?

Back to the original question, 5 fertilised eggs or 3 newborn babies?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Yes! Men need to take responsibility for their actions and stop ****ing women over
    I acknowledge your point, but I think men and women are guilty for messing up the opposite sex. There are savage men and women.

The difference i think is that some women love to be a victim by default and ALL men are responsible, which is stupid.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    “Biologically, conception is the moment when a sperm cell from a male breaches the ovum, or egg, from a female. The process is also known as fertilization and is the initial stage of development for human growth”
    https://study.com/academy/lesson/wha...-symptoms.html

During IVF, once the eggs have been fertilised by sperm, they become embryos. Isn’t an embryo a living human being in your view?
    “The fertilised eggs (embryos) continue to grow in the laboratory for up to 6 days before being transferred into the womb. The best 1 or 2 embryos will be chosen for transfer.”
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ivf/what-happens/

So of all the embryos in the Petri dish, only a couple are chosen to be transferred into the mother’s womb. That means that the remaining embryos will die. So should all parties involved be given multiple life sentences for murder?

Back to the original question, 5 fertilised eggs or 3 newborn babies?
    I understand the process of IVF and I still maintain my point that I will save 5 fertilised eggs conceived in their respective mothers over the 3 newborn babies.

ReputationRep:
    I understand the process of IVF and I still maintain my point that I will save 5 fertilised eggs conceived in their respective mothers over the 3 newborn babies.
    You don’t even understand the process of conception. & your response doesn’t answer the question yet again. 5 fertilised eggs (embryos) in a Petri dish or 3 newborn babies? You said earlier that the obvious answer is to save the one with more people. Since you believe that life begins at conception, the question should be easy to answer.

So many holes in your argument.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You don’t even understand the process of conception. & your response doesn’t answer the question yet again. 5 fertilised eggs (embryos) in a Petri dish or 3 newborn babies? You said earlier that the obvious answer is to save the one with more people. Since you believe that life begins at conception, the question should be easy to answer.

So many holes in your argument.
    That is what i have written many times. I will save the one with most people, which will be the 5 conceived embryos.

Am I getting something wrong here? You are asking the same question and saying i am not answering it when i have said exactly the same thing. Or are you expecting another answer?

ReputationRep:
    That is what i have written many times. I will save the one with most people, which will be the 5 conceived embryos.

Am I getting something wrong here? You are asking the same question and saying i am not answering it when i have said exactly the same thing. Or are you expecting another answer?
    You’ve been getting a lot of things wrong.

What you said previously was that you’d save the fertilised eggs that have been conceived by the mother. What does that even mean? If it’s an embryo then it’s already been conceived. You also said that you would only save the embryos if they’ve been implanted into the mother. That defeats your whole argument of ‘life begins at conception’.

Okay so you would save 5 fertilised eggs over 3 newborn babies. Should all those involved be given multiple life sentences for the remaining embryos that die in the Petri dish?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You’ve been getting a lot of things wrong.

What you said previously was that you’d save the fertilised eggs that have been conceived by the mother. What does that even mean? If it’s an embryo then it’s already been conceived. You also said that you would only save the embryos if they’ve been implanted into the mother. That defeats your whole argument of ‘life begins at conception’.

Okay so you would save 5 fertilised eggs over 3 newborn babies. Should all those involved be given multiple life sentences for the remaining embryos that die?
    Okay, calm down dear.

Your point assumes there are 5 fertilised eggs for one mother. I disagree with this idea and view it as 5 eggs for 5 mothers, which is what I have been stating in my previous comments.

I think there should be a progressive fertilisation of eggs. This means that one egg is fertlised for insemination to confirm whether they are viable before the next one. This approach would reduce the prospect of “discarding” fertilised eggs.

I believe that life begins at conception and hence my rejection of abortion.

Now to your second point. If a fertilised egg, which was inseminated but failed to be viable in its mother’s womb and dies, then it is a natural occurence. However, if embryo is killed then it is a completely different argument which will spell jail time in my opinion.

ReputationRep:

f**kboy is a word which is being used instead of "player" and functions basically a derogatory substitute for the word player ...and most likely was created by a salty female

There's nothing really new here, f***boy is just a more upto date word of the word player but with a more derogatory feel to it.

A guy might think it's cool to be called a player
    but f**kboy is more derogatory and less guys will like that label

I would not be surprised if a feminist was the one to come up with that word. It seems like a sort of half hearted attempt to slut shame men...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ANM775)
    f**kboy is a word which is being used instead of "player" and functions basically a derogatory substitute for the word player ...and most likely was created by a salty female

There's nothing really new here, f***boy is just a more upto date word of the word player but with a more derogatory feel to it.

I would not be surprised if a feminist was the one to come up with that word. It seems like a sort of half hearted attempt to slut shame men...
    Interesting. I think the other poster had a point with how some men today are not stepping to the plate.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, calm down dear.

Your point assumes there are 5 fertilised eggs for one mother. I disagree with this idea and view it as 5 eggs for 5 mothers, which is what I have been stating in my previous comments.

I think there should be a progressive fertilisation of eggs. This means that one egg is fertlised for insemination to confirm whether they are viable before the next one. This approach would reduce the prospect of “discarding” fertilised eggs.

I believe that life begins at conception and hence my rejection of abortion.

Now to your second point. If a fertilised egg, which was inseminated but failed to be viable in its mother’s womb and dies, then it is a natural occurence. However, if embryo is killed then it is a completely different argument which will spell jail time in my opinion.
    1. During a round of IVF, more than one fertilised egg (embryo) is usually I mplanted into the woman to maximise her chances that at least one will attach so no, it’s not 5 eggs for 5 mothers, it’s 5 embryos for 1 mother. That’s why multiple births are more common in women who underwent IVF.

2. You won’t know if an embryo is viable until it has been transferred to the woman’s uterus and successfully implants. Not all fertilised eggs are sustainable for implantation. As said above, thats why more than one embryo is transferred.

3. If you believe that life begins at conception then why did you say that you’d only save the embryos that have successfully been transferred into the uterus? Are embryos in a Petri dish not people to you?

4. I’m referring to fertilised eggs that the doctors deem not not strong enough to sustain pregnancy. Those are discarded and subsequently die. Are they murderers?

ReputationRep:

And “gold digger” is used as a substitute to “player” but with a more derogatory feel for it. Maybe f***boy is the male equivalent of gold digger?

ReputationRep:

I see a f**kboy as a guy who cheats, leads girls on, just generally treats girls badly. Player is a bit different as it’s a single guy who has a lot of one night stands (from my understanding of the word) while a f**kboy is someone who treats girls badly.

I could be wrong, but that’s how me and my friends use the term. Can’t speak for all of womankind :rofl:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1. During a round of IVF, more than one fertilised egg (embryo) is usually I mplanted into the woman to maximise her chances that at least one will attach so no, it’s not 5 eggs for 5 mothers, it’s 5 embryos for 1 mother. That’s why multiple births are more common in women who underwent IVF.

2. You won’t know if an embryo is viable until it has been transferred to the woman’s uterus and successfully implants. Not all fertilised eggs are sustainable for implantation. As said above, thats why more than one embryo is transferred.

3. If you believe that life begins at conception then why did you say that you’d only save the embryos that have successfully been transferred into the uterus? Are embryos in a Petri dish not people to you?

4. I’m referring to fertilised eggs that the doctors deem not not strong enough to sustain pregnancy. Those are discarded and subsequently die. Are they murderers?
    I have explained that the current practices of IVF will be different to me, if I was doing it. Hence my reasons for 1 egg per round of IVF since I place high value on the conceived embryos.

If a doctor does not follow the approach that I have alluded to, then they, in my opinion, will be done for murder.

ReputationRep:
    And “gold digger” is used as a substitute to “player” but with a more derogatory feel for it. Maybe f***boy is the male equivalent of gold digger?

A gold digger is a person [usually female] who is with her partner mostly for the money. The word gold digger does not imply the gold digger is a cheater, so therefore it is quite different to player

(Original post by cat_mac)
    I see a f**kboy as a guy who cheats, leads girls on, just generally treats girls badly. Player is a bit different as it’s a single guy who has a lot of one night stands (from my understanding of the word) while a f**kboy is someone who treats girls badly.

I could be wrong, but that’s how me and my friends use the term. Can’t speak for all of womankind :rofl:
    A player and a f**kboy are pretty much the same thing imo

players are often already in relationships and tell the girl they are trying to game they are single

and looking at the first few definitions of "player" on urbandictionary it seems pretty much the same as what a f**kboy gets upto

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Player

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.