Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    What do you mean?
    Prison is where they said anyone. You rape a woman, prison. You commit robbery, prison. You commit a heinous murder, prison. There is no gradation to the types of crime people do and consequences.

I think vicious crimes like murder should get the death penalty, while “small” crimes like non-violent burglary should require repayment and judicial corporal punishment that does not lead to death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Prison is where they said anyone. You rape a woman, prison. You commit robbery, prison. You commit a heinous murder, prison. There is no gradation to the types of crime people do and consequences.

I think vicious crimes like murder should get the death penalty, while “small” crimes like non-violent burglary should require repayment and judicial corporal punishment that does not lead to death.
    ...That didn't address my point? There are innocent people that have been in prison/are in prison. My brother stayed in prison for 6 months for a murder he didn't commit. If he got convicted do you think he should have got the death penalty?

I used to be for the death penalty, until I become "woke" and found that the death penalty in America was used as an oppressive system for black Americans. Many of them were sent to prison for no reason and the incarnation rates were high for Black Americans due to police wrongfully charging them and then eventually convicting them and then putting them on death row for crimes they did not do. Not to mention- Death penalty is an easy way out.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ...That didn't address my point? There are innocent people that have been in prison/are in prison. My brother stayed in prison for 6 months for a murder he didn't commit. If he got convicted do you think he should have got the death penalty?

I used to be for the death penalty, until I become "woke" and found that the death penalty in America was used as an oppressive system for black Americans. Many of them were sent to prison for no reason and the incarnation rates were high for Black Americans due to police wrongfully charging them and then eventually convicting them and then putting them on death row for crimes they did not do. Not to mention- Death penalty is an easy way out.
    I am sorry to read about your brother and I understand the difficulty of some cases with a murder charge. I think those who are innocent of the crime are very few and I think there should be indepth analysis of the crime before the death sentence.

Obviously, your brother should not have been in jail and I think this was a very wrong case. I also acknowledge the institutionally racist approach used in the U.S. against blacks and other ethnic minorities. As the U.S. is such a radical anomaly, i do not think that should be viewed as a model for the death penalty, which is for the most vicious of crimes. For example, the guy who killed 17 people in the US this week should definitely get death.

There are several countries still using the death penalty

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-p...al-perspective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Men also have a lot to blame for. Most men today don't act like men at all,they're very feminine. It very difficult to find a manly man in this day and age
    Can you blame the men when these days women swoon over guys like Justin Nieber and One direction ?

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry to read about your brother and I understand the difficulty of some cases with a murder charge. I think those who are innocent of the crime are very few and I think there should be indepth analysis of the crime before the death sentence.

Obviously, your brother should not have been in jail and I think this was a very wrong case. I also acknowledge the institutionally racist approach used in the U.S. against blacks and other ethnic minorities. As the U.S. is such a radical anomaly, i do not think that should be viewed as a model for the death penalty, which is for the most vicious of crimes. For example, the guy who killed 17 people in the US this week should definitely get death.

There are several countries still using the death penalty

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-p...al-perspective
    It's fine, thank you- I just wanted to let you know how ridiculously easy it is for someone to get charged for murder and convicted. I was reading the other day about some guy that got convicted for murder for 21 years and he was on the other side of the state in America. Many police officers just charge people with extremely little evidence, to get the case over and done with.

Yeah I understand. People that are mass murderers like the school shooter might as well get it, I guess.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's fine, thank you- I just wanted to let you know how ridiculously easy it is for someone to get charged for murder and convicted. I was reading the other day about some guy that got convicted for murder for 21 years and he was on the other side of the state in America. Many police officers just charge people with extremely little evidence, to get the case over and done with.

Yeah I understand. People that are mass murderers like the school shooter might as well get it, I guess.
    Yes, i understand. I think it shows the deep problems with the justice system in many countries. There are no checks and balances in the system and when people talk about it, others try to throw crime statistics at them.

I think police officers and other people in the justice system need to be punished if they get something fundamentally wrong. In many other professions, negligence or deep neglect are severely punished. For example, doctors can get struck off and be jailed, but officers are given paid leave.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i understand. I think it shows the deep problems with the justice system in many countries. There are no checks and balances in the system and when people talk about it, others try to throw crime statistics at them.

I think police officers and other people in the justice system need to be punished if they get something fundamentally wrong. In many other professions, negligence or deep neglect are severely punished. For example, doctors can get struck off and be jailed, but officers are given paid leave.
    Yeah, that's why I don't pay attention to people bring up crime statistics- Many people imprisoned when they shouldn't be.

I think police is one of those professions where they can get away with many things. It's very easy for a police officer to get away with wrongfully charging someone for a serious crime like murder.

Like for my brother, the excuse they gave my brother was he looking like the could be potentially be in a gang. Because all the other people that were charged (and actually had evidence) looked like they wouldn't be in a gang because they were small, whilst my brother was tall so they thought he was part of it...even though there was no evidence of him being at the crime scene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    Can you blame the men when these days women swoon over guys like Justin Nieber and One direction ?
    I don't know any grown woman that swoons over boybands and what does that have to do with men not abusing women?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah, that's why I don't pay attention to people bring up crime statistics- Many people imprisoned when they shouldn't be.

I think police is one of those professions where they can get away with many things. It's very easy for a police officer to get away with wrongfully charging someone for a serious crime like murder.

Like for my brother, the excuse they gave my brother was he looking like the could be potentially be in a gang. Because all the other people that were charged (and actually had evidence) looked like they wouldn't be in a gang because they were small, whilst my brother was tall so they thought he was part of it...even though there was no evidence of him being at the crime scene.
    It is idiotic, but what do you expect. It is sad that we live in such an society.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.
    “I don’t believe in abortion because it’s murder and murder is wrong. Nobody’s life is more important than another’s” ...yet you are in favour of the death penalty.
    How Logical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    “I don’t believe in abortion because it’s murder and murder is wrong. Nobody’s life is more important than another’s” ...yet you are in favour of the death penalty.
    How Logical.
    lmao. He really did contradict himself.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    lmao. He really did contradict himself.
    I did not contradict myself. Read through my comments.

How Logical.
    I am in favour of the death penalty for murderers. Those who kill others have to have their lives taken away from them. It is logical.

To the abortion point, the mother’s life is not more important than the child’s. If the mother decides to end the child’s life through abortion then her life should be ended through the death penalty.

Is this consistent enough for you?

ReputationRep:
    Men also have a lot to blame for. Most men today don't act like men at all,they're very feminine. It very difficult to find a manly man in this day and age
    Women are attracted to feminine men these days. Johnny Depp, Justin Bieber, One Direction. These guys are all feminine. Even much older women (30+) like these men. Meanwhile, genuinely masculine men get overlooked.

Because women are generally the choosers in dating (wish they weren't but sadly they are), the men mold themselves into what the majority of women want. And the majority want feminine guys.

When I hear some women complain "why can't men be men?" "where are all the real men?". A mixture of feminism and popular culture has mostly got rid of them - and it's all women's fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Women are attracted to feminine men these days. Johnny Depp, Justin Bieber, One Direction. These guys are all feminine. Even much older women (30+) like these men. Meanwhile, genuinely masculine men get overlooked.

Because women are generally the choosers in dating (wish they weren't but sadly they are), the men mold themselves into what the majority of women want. And the majority want feminine guys.

When I hear some women complain "why can't men be men?" "where are all the real men?". A mixture of feminism and popular culture has mostly got rid of them - and it's all women's fault.
    Maybe it's just men making excuses for being inadequate? Meanwhile women have to jump through all the games men play when it comes to dating,trying to invest in the guy etc

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just men making excuses for being inadequate? Meanwhile women have to jump through all the games men play when it comes to dating,trying to invest in the guy etc
    What??? Women are the ones who play all the games. Sadly, women are the choosers, so they can mess guys around as much as they want and still have plenty of options available. The only time guys can mess women around are if they are very rich/high status/good looking - very few men fit into these categories.

Anecdotal evidence, but there are guys I know have been messed around a ton by women. Especially on online dating. Women do not make their intentions clear and it can be several months down the line before you find out she isn't into you.

Whereas all the guys I know make their intentions very clear from the outset. Generally speaking, men are logical, women are driven by emotion. Which is why men do not play these stupid games and want to know clearly where they stand, but women do play these silly games.

ReputationRep:
    I did not contradict myself. Read through my comments.

I am in favour of the death penalty for murderers. Those who kill others have to have their lives taken away from them. It is logical.

To the abortion point, the mother’s life is not more important than the child’s. If the mother decides to end the child’s life through abortion then her life should be ended through the death penalty.

Is this consistent enough for you?
    Very consistent and not at all contradictory. I understand your point: Murder is not wrong. Murder is OK sometimes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Very consistent and not at all contradictory. I understand your point: Murder is not wrong. Murder is OK sometimes.
    What? When did i state that?

ReputationRep:
    What? When did i state that?
    Well you can’t believe that it’s wrong if you agree with it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well you can’t believe that it’s wrong if you agree with it
    What is wrong? Abortion? Of course it is wrong. I don't seem to grasp the point you are alluding to

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong? Abortion? Of course it is wrong. I don't seem to grasp the point you are alluding to
    For goodness sake. You agree with murder so you can’t think that it’s wrong

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.