Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I mostly see the death penalty as a deterrent than a solution. However, if someone with so much disregard for life decides fo kill another person, then they don’t deserve their own life.

My point on the death penalty is to give real justice for the murdered victim, their family and community.

My main view is for the respect for life. When someone does not respect life through committing murder or abortion, then their life must be taken from them.
    Evidence suggests that the death penalty is not at all a deterrent.

There’s no justice in killing someone because they’ve killed someone. It would make you just as much of a murderer as them.
    Would you punish a rapist by raping them?
    Would you punish a cannibal by eating them?

ReputationRep:
    She did not respect the life of her unborn child. So we cannot respect her life. Besides, if she knew that she will be terminated, if she committed an abortion, i doubt she would want to do that.
    So now you’re in favour of murdering 15 year old girls. Just ridiculous.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cherryred90s)

There’s no justice in killing someone because they’ve killed someone. It would make you just as much of a murderer as them.
    I think it does act as a deterrent, just like how prison acts as a deterrent for certain crimes.

ReputationRep:
    I think it does act as a deterrent, just like how prison acts as a deterrent for certain crimes.
    You can think all you like but there’s no evidence to suggest that the death penalty is effective.

ReputationRep:
    That’s quite an old fashioned and outdated view of dating behaviour in women anyway. Maybe different for your age group but as you get older and more experienced in life, you don’t expect or want anything from anyone else, man or woman. You can certainly open your own doors and pay for your own food. Best not to have assumptions and judgements about behaviour and what’s ‘right’ because you’re meant to be getting to know the other person, and often what they don’t do for you gives a lot away about them just as much as anything else.

ReputationRep:

If you punch someone, you're generally going to get punched back even harder. Most people have the mindset of "an eye for an eye" and want to seek revenge. The criminal justice system doesn't do that, but human instinct is to get revenge.

I'm against the death penalty by the way (before you ask).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    If you punch someone, you're generally going to get punched back even harder. Most people have the mindset of "an eye for an eye" and want to seek revenge. The criminal justice system doesn't do that, but human instinct is to get revenge.

I'm against the death penalty by the way (before you ask).
    Yeah of course. But seeking revenge isn’t justice. Punching someone because they’ve punched you can be considered self defence. I’m not entirely against the death penalty, but I think it should be used very sparingly - reserved for the worst of offenders and not used for a teenage girl who had an abortion.

ReputationRep:
    ing etc
    This is the second time where you've said "not every woman this, not every woman that blah blah blah" and got offended because it doesn't apply to you personally. I'm saying most women are like this, of course not every single one. There are some exceptions of course, but they are few and far between. Think of all the women who've viewed this thread. It probably applies to them. And of course they will never say "yes I agree with you". However, you will get the one or two women who this doesn't apply to, being very vocal about it.

You're missing the point. Women are almost always the choosers, so they can screw over guys as much as they want. The guys you're referring to are the 5% of men who have plenty of options available due to their status/looks/money. The other 95% have to suffer from women playing stupid games and messing them around.
    women are way too emotional to even attempt such a thing. It is men who are the masteminds of stringing women along,cheating etc. you do get some women are are just the same as these men
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You can think all you like but there’s no evidence to suggest that the death penalty is effective.
    Okay.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So now you’re in favour of murdering 15 year old girls. Just ridiculous.
    I am not in favour of doing anything to 15 year olds. I am in favour justice for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I am not in favour of doing anything to 15 year olds. I am in favour justice for everyone.
    ‘Justice’ for murder in the form of more murder. Gotcha
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ‘Justice’ for murder in the form of more murder. Gotcha
    That is what the brave men and women did and laid down their lives to make sure you were safe to write on TSR.

Until we begin to value the life of everyone, man, woman and child, we will never truly progress. When someone takes the life of one of us, whether born or unborn, we take theirs away.

ReputationRep:
    That is what the brave men and women did and laid down their lives to make sure you were safe to write on TSR.

Until we begin to value the life of everyone, man, woman and child, we will never truly progress. When someone takes the life of one of us, whether born or unborn, we take theirs away.
    Nice speech
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nice speech
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    ing etc

women are way too emotional to even attempt such a thing. It is men who are the masteminds of stringing women along,cheating etc. you do get some women are are just the same as these men
    It's precisely because they are so emotional that they mess men around all the time. Their emotions and sense of rationality is so all over the place that they don't have the common sense to tell a guy where he stands.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's precisely because they are so emotional that they mess men around all the time. Their emotions and sense of rationality is so all over the place that they don't have the common sense to tell a guy where he stands.
    How many women have you seriously talked to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    How many women have you seriously talked to?
    Plenty. I've had women who showed me loads of interest one week, then the next didn't even acknowledge my existence.

Sometimes I have to feed my neighbour's pet cat while they are away on holiday. The cat is very friendly when I'm feeding it, but once the owner is back, it doesn't even acknowledge my existence.

Girls are the same - if you're providing them with money, good sex (emphasis on good), you are high status or very good looking, they will show you plenty of interest. Once they get bored or someone better comes along, you are no more important than a piece of dirt on their shoe. It's happened to me before and also to guys I know.

It goes from one extreme (really liking you) to the other extreme (not even caring that you exist).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeyA2000)
    Completely agree with everything you’ve said there. And when a man breaks up with a women, men are ********s etc etc. But when women break up with men it’s ‘you go girl atttiude’ you don’t need him he’s a looser etc etc. Women are very strange creatures.
    - yes if female cheats on husband, "well she was never happy with him was she, poor thing"; other way round, "love rat". And outdoor and DIY chores are not shared, man does all. Who is responsible, generally, for blocking the drain, and who is expected to do the WORST of all jobs, to clear it ?

ReputationRep:
    Evidence suggests that the death penalty is not at all a deterrent
    - murder rates went up enormously upon its abolition, but really, does not common sense tell you that for premeditated murder, and for some spontaneous murders, it is obviously going to be a deterrent.

ReputationRep:
    The Spice Girls have a lot to answer for.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.