Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Murder of a murderer? Nobody is committing murder. The state is taking the life of someone who killed another person.
    Taking a life is literally a murder though
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Plenty. I've had women who showed me loads of interest one week, then the next didn't even acknowledge my existence.

Sometimes I have to feed my neighbour's pet cat while they are away on holiday. The cat is very friendly when I'm feeding it, but once the owner is back, it doesn't even acknowledge my existence.

Girls are the same - if you're providing them with money, good sex (emphasis on good), you are high status or very good looking, they will show you plenty of interest. Once they get bored or someone better comes along, you are no more important than a piece of dirt on their shoe. It's happened to me before and also to guys I know.

It goes from one extreme (really liking you) to the other extreme (not even caring that you exist).
    Maybe they just don’t like you anymore? That does happen in case you were unaware

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca G)
    With the way this thread is going I genuinely don’t know if you’re joking or not. Either way I’m done with this **** 👋
    This forum, like many others, is routinely used as a place for angry young men to vent their sexual frustrations in the form of attacks on 'feminists' and women more generally (often including reference to liberals, leftists, indeed anything that isn't exactly what they identify as). Wherever possible they will include some 'laddish' slapping of each other on the back as part of the routine. They often start off using restrained language and sounding reasonable enough but if you don't agree with them they will turn on you and quickly descend into the more obvious language of the misogynist. Some of them in time will move on with their attitudes, some of them won't, the world will still turn and babies will still be born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    This forum, like many others, is routinely used as a place for angry young men to vent their sexual frustrations in the form of attacks on 'feminists' and women more generally (often including reference to liberals, leftists, indeed anything that isn't exactly what they identify as). Wherever possible they will include some 'laddish' slapping of each other on the back as part of the routine. They often start off using restrained language and sounding reasonable enough but if you don't agree with them they will turn on you and quickly descend into the more obvious language of the misogynist. Some of them in time will move on with their attitudes, some of them won't, the world will still turn and babies will still be born.
    THANKYOU to the only other person on this thread who actually has brain cells.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EqualitySloth)
    Taking a life is literally a murder though
    I have explained this point before.

The death penalty acts as a deterrent and a solution for one-time situations and stone-cold killers. If someone kills another person and denies them the opportunity to live, laugh and grow old, why should we give them their life and play happy family.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    I think you are fishing for reps.

ReputationRep:

The death penalty acts as a deterrent and a solution for one-time situations and stone-cold killers. If someone kills another person and denies them the opportunity to live, laugh and grow old, why should we give them their life and play happy family.
    Except you’ve previously said you’d give 15 year old girls the death penalty for abortion. Hardly a “solution for one-time situations like stone cold killers”.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Except you’ve previously said you’d give 15 year old girls the death penalty for abortion. Hardly a “solution for one-time situations like stone cold killers”.
    If a 15 year old knows that she will get the death penalty for committing abortion, i strongly doubt she will be in a hurry to end her own life in the process. If she then goes ahead with it, then we have to demand her life in payment for the unborn child.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If a 15 year old knows that she will get the death penalty for committing abortion, i strongly doubt she will be in a hurry to end her own life in the process. If she then goes ahead with it, then we have to demand her life in payment for the unborn child.
    How barbaric.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    How barbaric.
    Oh, so I am barbaric when someone else killed an unborn child. I guess this is the double standard that men talk about.

ReputationRep:

It doesn’t act as a deterrent!
    And you did seriously contradict yourself because you previously said that no ones life is more important than another’s/we don’t have the right to take a life/anyone that takes a life should have their life taken bla bla.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, so I am barbaric when someone else killed an unborn child. I guess this is the double standard that men talk about.
    Oh the irony.

You wouldnt condone the death of an unborn child, but you would condone the death of that same child 15 years later.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    It doesn’t act as a deterrent!
    And you did seriously contradict yourself because you previously said that no ones life is more important than another’s/we don’t have the right to take a life/anyone that takes a life should have their life taken bla bla.
    Oh the irony.

You wouldnt condone the death of an unborn child, but you would condone the death of that same child 15 years later.
    We have had this discussion before.

A life is important. However when someone takes another person’s life, then their life ceases to be important. Do you understand now?

Everything in life has risk and reward, action with consequence. We need to stop living in this utopian fantasy that people should not be held accountable for their actions.

ReputationRep:
    We have had this discussion before.

A life is important. However when someone takes another person’s life, then their life ceases to be important. Do you understand now?
    You said that taking a life is murder and murder is wrong. Now you are saying that the death penalty (which means to take a life ) is not murder and is not wrong. Can you not understand that you contradicted yourself?
    The reason for the murder is irrelevant, the action is the same.

Everything in life has risk and reward, action with consequence. We need to stop living in this utopian fantasy that people should not be held accountable for their actions.
    Nobody said that people shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You said that taking a life is murder and murder is wrong. Now you are saying that the death penalty (which means to take a life ) is not murder and is not wrong. Can you not understand that you contradicted yourself?
    The reason for the murder is irrelevant, the action is the same.

Nobody said that people shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions
    This is not contradiction. When someone slaps you, you don't turn the other cheek, you slap back.

The fundamental policy is the safety of life of everyone. However when someone takes another person’s life, then we ask for their’s.

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Men have a fear of rejection for a date, women have a fear of death from a date
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I guess that I am the guy and you are the wall.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that delegalising abortion is just going to make women "abort" in illegal, harmful ways?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JustACoincidence)
    Men have a fear of rejection for a date, women have a fear of death from a date
    Who goes on a date with a guy and fears they will be killed in public?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.