Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    If you try to be a smartass to others, at least learn to spell. Otherwise you end up looking like a moron.
    I know how to spell im just using the mobile app so typing is a little more difficult, and correcting grammar/spelling in a debate is just like??? if my point has come across then why try and point it out
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EqualitySloth)
    Do you believe that abortion is unacceptable in ant circumstances?
    I have written this many times. I do not think that abortion is acceptable in any circumstance except in the case of severe medical emergency to both the mother and child.

There are cases where there is a significant medical threat to the mother’s or child’s life. For example, ecotopic pregnancy, where the child attaches and grows outsides the mother’s uterus. This is a significant life threatening situation and in that case I leave it to the judgement of the medical officers incharge of the situation.

Other than severe medical cases, i am against any form of abortion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I have written this many times. I do not think that abortion is acceptable in any circumstance except in the case of severe medical emergency to both the mother and child.

There are cases where there is a significant medical threat to the mother’s or child’s life. For example, ecotopic pregnancy, where the child attaches and grows outsides the mother’s uterus. This is a significant life threatening situation and in that case I leave it to the judgement of the medical officers incharge of the situation.

Other than severe medical cases, i am against any form of abortion.
    Its quite a bit different from my opinion on my abortion, but i see where youre coming from. I jus dont agree with people who believe that abortion is never acceptable.
    I believe that a woman should be able to get an abortion unless shes doing it because she wants a a baby of a different sex, or something like that

ReputationRep:
    If you try to be a smartass to others, at least learn to spell. Otherwise you end up looking like a moron.
    I'm pretty sure that's a typo, not an incorrect spelling. Nobody thinks you spell "thought" without a t at the end. Fair enough if they had typed "fought" or something like that.

EDIT: I've just seen EqualitySloth's explanation above. Close enough.

ReputationRep:
    Like i wrote, there is a wide variation. Not all inbred children will be physically or mentally retarded. It is not normalising, it is out there. Do some digging and find out.

Also to that point, if it was a normal non-related couple that happened to have a disabled child, would you advise the couple to kill it? You seem to be against disability.

Yes, but it's rare. There is more of a chance being disabled to the point it causes a lot of hard complications.

No, I wouldn't advise anything and it's very touchy and extreme to say that. However I wouldn't blame the parent if they did because some disabilities are so bad that it would cause some parents to lose their their jobs, social life etc.

Like I remember A mother having to take care of her physically/mentally disabled son. She had to quit work, manage her social life because she had to do everything for her son. Like dress him, cook for him, take him to the bathroom etc. Despite him being in his 20s. So in things like that a Mother aborting if she knows a disabled son is too much hard work then yeah I don't blame her.

I don't think some disabilities are bad, I don't think disabled people are bad or anything- And I didn't mean to across like that. I just don't think being a product of an incest couple is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    women haven’t even been able to vote for 100 years, the fact that you might be expected to share housework is hardly that much of a sacrifice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boarknight)
    women haven’t even been able to vote for 100 years, the fact that you might be expected to share housework is hardly that much of a sacrifice
    Well actually, women have been. Suffrage was extended to all women over 30 in 1918...so 100 years.

And the same can be said for men tbh. Suffrage was extended to all men over 21 in 1918, so I don't understand what your point is.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EqualitySloth)
    Its quite a bit different from my opinion on my abortion, but i see where youre coming from. I jus dont agree with people who believe that abortion is never acceptable.
    I believe that a woman should be able to get an abortion unless shes doing it because she wants a a baby of a different sex, or something like that
    I do not agree. I do not think a woman has the right to decide the fate of an unborn child.

I agree that some people are too extreme either way. We are talking about the termination of life. Some people see it like changing shoes or some mundane thing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Yes, but it's rare. There is more of a chance being disabled to the point it causes a lot of hard complications.

No, I wouldn't advise anything and it's very touchy and extreme to say that. However I wouldn't blame the parent if they did because some disabilities are so bad that it would cause some parents to lose their their jobs, social life etc.

Like I remember A mother having to take care of her physically/mentally disabled son. She had to quit work, manage her social life because she had to do everything for her son. Like dress him, cook for him, take him to the bathroom etc. Despite him being in his 20s. So in things like that a Mother aborting if she knows a disabled son is too much hard work then yeah I don't blame her.

I don't think some disabilities are bad, I don't think disabled people are bad or anything- And I didn't mean to across like that. I just don't think being a product of an incest couple is a good thing.
    Like I wrote and you agree, it is rare, but it happens.

ReputationRep:
    Like I wrote and you agree, it is rare, but it happens.
    Is that all you have to say lol?
    Why did you ignore the other things I wrote? I guess I am right?

ReputationRep:

I agree that being a product of incest is not a good thing. Being disabled in any way at all is nit a good thing, but where do we draw the line? Do we end the life of a foetus/baby because it 'might' be hard work? Is hard work a good enough reason for abortion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    I agree that being a product of incest is not a good thing. Being disabled in any way at all is nit a good thing, but where do we draw the line? Do we end the life of a foetus/baby because it 'might' be hard work? Is hard work a good enough reason for abortion?
    I don't know. It depends on the women. If the women is career driven and knows that her child will take up her life then I would say yes tbh. It would be hard for her to financially support herself. Obviously I can't speak for every Mother though.

ReputationRep:
    Having a disabled child can be very expensive and providing full time care to that child for the rest of it’s life is extremely demanding. Also consider quality of life for a severely disabled child if it has a family who can’t provide the necessary level of care.

I have so much admiration for parents of disabled kids, and also for the women who can realise her limits and abort a pregnancy that would create a lifetime of struggle for both parent and child.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is that all you have to say lol?
    Why did you ignore the other things I wrote? I guess I am right?
    No, of course not. I do not think disabled babies should be aborted. Sometimes doctors are wrong.

Imagine u were a slow developer and the doctor assumed that you may be a problem. Do you think your mother should have killed you?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ...I’ll abstain from insulting you but let’s just say people like you kill my brain cells, and there’s plenty like you around here. Can you not read? Did you even open the spoiler? My post was obviously a joke. Frickin TSR man...
    I didn't even notice a 'spoiler', I'm not that internet savvy. Sorry about your brain cells though, how many do you now have left? ;-)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    I didn't even notice a 'spoiler', I'm not that internet savvy. Sorry about your brain cells though, how many do you now have left? ;-)
    Bout tree fiddy

ReputationRep:
    I...Is hard work a good enough reason for abortion?
    This all depends on where you stand in defining the foetus. If you regard a foetus as only a potential person (to put it bluntly) then any reason the pregnant woman has for not wanting to bring that potential person into being (as a person) is usually sufficient. Women generally don't treat getting pregnant lightly because they usually know the significance of the actual and potential consequences, no matter what they choose to do, but as the foetus is essentially of their making (the contribution of a sperm by a man notwithstanding) the decision is theirs to make.

ReputationRep:
    No, of course not. I do not think disabled babies should be aborted. Sometimes doctors are wrong.

Imagine u were a slow developer and the doctor assumed that you may be a problem. Do you think your mother should have killed you?
    So you think a Mother should look after their children to the point it makes them quit there jobs? Ruin their social life?cool

What do you mean by a slow developer? The doctors know what type of serve disability that you may have. If my Mother "killed" me because I was going to be intensely disabled to the point it will ruin her life, then there's that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So you think a Mother should look after their children to the point it makes them quit there jobs? Ruin their social life?cool

What do you mean by a slow developer? The doctors know what type of serve disability that you may have. If my Mother "killed" me because I was going to be intensely disabled to the point it will ruin her life, then there's that.
    What?

A slow developer is like someone with downs syndrome. Medicine is now quite advance that doctors can find whether an unborn baby will have DS. The issue is that they wont know whether it will be moderate or extreme DS. Extreme DS shows severe mental retardation or slow cognitive development.

So you think that it is okay for a woman to kill a Downs Syndrome baby because it could affect her social life. Wow!

I think you are really young and probably naive. You need to mature a bit and then we can have a chat.

ReputationRep:

Once we’re pregnant this guy just sees women as baby vessels. Her life is unimportant from that point on, her only function is to grow and raise a baby for the rest of her life. Quality of life of the mother has no bearing to him. That’s the problem with prolifers, they don’t care about quality of life, just quantity.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.